Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland Fantom Upgrade V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently subscribed to Roland Cloud to get a taste for ZenCore and Roland's modeled synths, etc. After a year I get perpetual licenses for two synths, so I figure it's justified on that account. I really don't use Roland Cloud much but that's probably because, at the moment, I'm not focused on synthetic sounds.

The addition of the new modeled synths in the Fantoms is very cool, IMO.

I agree that the lack of the ability to stream samples is a serious restriction with the Rolands. I have no idea how much user sample space is available on a Fantom, but I doubt that it's much.

I have sample libraries available for the Kronos, Montage/MODX, and Forte. I will say this much. In terms of gross dollars sales, I have sold over 10X the Kronos products as either of the other two. There are some 200 third-party sample libraries available for the Kronos. No one else comes close to this.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I find it hard to justify why I would like to buy one.

Given it’s unable the stream samples, it’s sampler memory is simply not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination for my needs.

Every sound it has to offer is more of a tribute to Roland’s past over the last 30+years. That’s ok, but..... meh... my integra 7 fills that gap for me. Why should I drop over 3 K on this synth? Ultimately that’s my problem. I can’t see any reason to justify it when I have the integra 7 and a KRONOS.

Regards
Sharp

Due to its incredible keybed and interface the Fantom 8 is the perfect controller for a mainstage and or logic setup.. including all plugins..

But then i guess you aren’t using them either..

In the end you want one of these (kronos fantom montage) as the heart of your studio or live rig.

Personally i think Roland did a much better job of copying the Kronos compared to Yamaha
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I find it hard to justify why I would like to buy one.

I've always had a Fantom of some type - I couldn't resist the 4 virtual oscillators and the Moog modeled VCF, along with the SN voices, V-Pianos and full back catalogue of XV/JV patches... and now we have the 4 modeled synths. I'm pretty happy with Roland right now.

It compliments the Kronos perfectly.
jbeliz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Roland Fantom and the new update 2.1.0 is even better true sampling is not its greatest function on it i prefer Kronos but they added added new modeling from the JX8P, Jupiter 8, and more which is awesome and the ability to load all classic expansions is awesome, boot up time is great, it is getting better and better, Kronos is still my to go board but the Fantom is finding it's way in there with each update.
Maxfpt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos is at the end of this life, while the others, Fantom in primis, are at the beginning, but after ten years all the competitors are still far to reach Kronos completeness.
I cannot immagine how will be the Kronos successor, but if the Nautilus is really a scaled down Kronos....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: