Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Factory Reset - KORG Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Factory Reset - KORG Kronos Reply with quote

I have a Kronos 2 running ver 3.1.3 and two expansion packs SGX-2 Berlin D Piano and EXs18 KORG EXs Collection

Since then I have installed a few sounds packs which I purchased from friends on here. I believe two of them are incompatible with each other in that they share some of the same locations for their data.

My preference are three sound packs from Francis at Narf Sounds (he does really good work), but I'd like to keep all 4 sound packs that I have.

I am considering a Factory RESET and then reloading all of my Narf Sounds Packs. Saving this setup to an external drive as a backup, and then trying to reinstall the 4th Sound Pack (Sounds of Planet) by Appending it to the previous Setup, hopefully without overwriting any of Narf Sounds data.

Question 1) - Is this doable? I'm fairly new to the Kronos operating system, but I am learning.

Question 2) - Will my update version remain as 3.1.3?

Question 3) - Will I retain my two installed options (not sure I have them backed up anywhere) - SGX-2 and EXs Collections?

Question 4) - On installation of the final Sound Pack, can I direct the Kronos to append instead of overwriting USER Banks? In other words can I select unused banks for the final sound pack install?

Hope you guys and gals can help, I was thinking of doing this today.

Thanks,

Dave

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
Sweat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can be complex, but it is important to know.

Answer 1) Installing multiple third party sound libraries to appropriate locations is very doable as long as the limitations are understood.

Answer 2) Installing sound packs will not affect the system version. Performing a Factory RESET can revert the system version, but doing this to install your sound packs is unnecessary.

Answer 3) Currently installed libraries will remain installed when selecting the option to Append while loading other .KSC files, or adding them to the KSC Auto-Load. (See Parameter Guide for more information.)

Answer 4) In .PCG files, programs/combis/setlists are saved in default bank locations, however you can load them on your Kronos in any bank you select. Single programs/combis can also be loaded individually. (Search Parameter Guide for 'Load Programs'.)

When installing to different banks, an issue exists if programs are referenced by Combis, drumkits, and wave sequences. In the Kronos Global mode, menu option 'Change all bank references' allows for some correction. Other software tools like PCGTools and TidyKronos are available to help with this, developed by friendly forum members.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: