Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA300 Style and sound compatibility with other PA models

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kord11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: PA300 Style and sound compatibility with other PA models Reply with quote

Thinking about purchasing a PA300 and was wondering if I can use custom Styles and Sounds developed for other PA models on PA300 (Specifically Persian styles and sounds).
Thank you for your help in advance

Kord
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most ethnic styles do require foreign custom samples, so if you're going to need those samples to run your styles, then the answer is no. Unless you're planning to play western music , or at least the type of music that can use the factory based sounds/samples then this would be the wrong keyboard for you.

kord11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: PA300 Style and sound compatibility with other PA models Reply with quote

Thank you Sam for your quick reply.

I see a lot of styles being sold on ebay for PA600 or even the MicroArranger. After seeing your reply I called on of them and he told me their beat rhythm works on PA300.
Since I have not purchased my keyboard yet I am not familiar with differences between Beat Rhythms, Styles and Sound requirements. Unfortunately the technicians at Guitar Center I went to was not familiar with this question and did not have a model in stock to try this out. He told me buy one and try it and if it does not work, return the keyboard back. I don't want to do that, but don't see any other option.
Thank you again

Kord
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: PA300 Style and sound compatibility with other PA models Reply with quote

kord11 wrote:
Thank you Sam for your quick reply.

I see a lot of styles being sold on ebay for PA600 or even the MicroArranger. After seeing your reply I called on of them and he told me their beat rhythm works on PA300.
Since I have not purchased my keyboard yet I am not familiar with differences between Beat Rhythms, Styles and Sound requirements. Unfortunately the technicians at Guitar Center I went to was not familiar with this question and did not have a model in stock to try this out. He told me buy one and try it and if it does not work, return the keyboard back. I don't want to do that, but don't see any other option.
Thank you again

Kord

Ok, there's 2 types of custom sounds/Styles. One is basically the tweeked factory type. Let's say your friend has the same type of keyboard and he's modified a flute factory sound. (The standard flute sound that comes with your keyboard). Then he saves his edits in a user bank. That's called a User Sound. You can load that sound into your keyboard and it will sound exactly the same, because it was created based on a factory sample.

The other type uses a sample that does not come with the keyboard. Say someone has sampled a real ethnic instrument such as NAY, and then imported those samples into a PA800 or any other keyboard that supports importing external samples. You wouldn't be able to load that kind of sound into a PA300 because this keyboard does NOT support external samples as far as I know.

You might want to check the manual to be sure about this. So you would want to find out if the keyboard in question supports external samples.

kord11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: PA300 Style and sound compatibility with other PA models Reply with quote

Thank you again for your quick and informative reply.
I have been looking every where for reviews from PA300 owners, but only found a couple of them. Are you a PA300 owner? If so, could you elaborate on pros and cons of this keyboard? Is there another forum or site where PA300 share issues and comments?

Thanks
Kord
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: PA300 Style and sound compatibility with other PA models Reply with quote

kord11 wrote:
Thank you again for your quick and informative reply.
I have been looking every where for reviews from PA300 owners, but only found a couple of them. Are you a PA300 owner? If so, could you elaborate on pros and cons of this keyboard? Is there another forum or site where PA300 share issues and comments?

Thanks
Kord

Unfortunately I Haven't even seen one in person. Also I haven't come across a better Korg related forum that provides information without asking for subscription fees. Hopefully someone with a PA300 will step in...

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the News section when the PA300 was released ....

This is what I've been able to nurdle out so far ...

What's missing or different in the PA300 vs the PA600 ...

No User PCM Memory
No DNC
No Full Sound and Drum Kit Edit
No Real time Control via Assignable Switches
No Assignable Switches
310 vs 360 Factory Styles
1040 vs 1200 User Styles
240 vs 320 Performances
No Pad Record
No MP3 Vocal Remover
5" 480x272 vs 7" 800x480 Touch Display
No Line Out
No Line In
No Midi In/Out Connectors
13W vs 15W Amplifier
No Direct AC cord (Uses AC Adapter Brick)

You can load PA3x/PA900/PA600 styles but not custom sounds.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:

No User PCM Memory

This alone makes this keyboard totally useless for people who play Styles with external samples.

kord11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rick and Sam for your input.
I am having a hard time finding any good feedback or comments from PA300 owners. I can not believe after 15 months of being released there is so little owner review on this keyboard.
I have contacted a couple of people who make styles for PA series and even they are not sure if it works on PA300 or not because they have not seen one in action.
Let's hope some PA300 owners join this forum and provide some feedback for those who are looking at this keyboard as an entry level unit and cost effective unit.

Kord
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kord11 wrote:
Thank you Rick and Sam for your input.
I am having a hard time finding any good feedback or comments from PA300 owners. I can not believe after 15 months of being released there is so little owner review on this keyboard.
I have contacted a couple of people who make styles for PA series and even they are not sure if it works on PA300 or not because they have not seen one in action.
Let's hope some PA300 owners join this forum and provide some feedback for those who are looking at this keyboard as an entry level unit and cost effective unit.

Kord

Bottom line on the PA300 ... You better like what you get out of the box, as there is precious little customization available. Reminds me of a Yammy PSR. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
MayoVox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject: Pa 3X styles on PA 300 Reply with quote

Hi Thoraldus

Maybe it looks strange, to post after 5+ years.
I purchase recently a used Korg PA 3x - beautiful keyboard.

I'm planning maybe to get a PA 300 - a more mobile thing.
I'd like to use the same styles.

From your posts - I can see that they can be loaded in the PA 300?
So just checking:
Can I use Korg PA 3X styles on Korg PA 300 with factory sounds?

Mayo
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Pa 3X styles on PA 300 Reply with quote

MayoVox wrote:
Hi Thoraldus

Maybe it looks strange, to post after 5+ years.
I purchase recently a used Korg PA 3x - beautiful keyboard.

I'm planning maybe to get a PA 300 - a more mobile thing.
I'd like to use the same styles.

From your posts - I can see that they can be loaded in the PA 300?
So just checking:
Can I use Korg PA 3X styles on Korg PA 300 with factory sounds?

Mayo

You can load PA3x/PA900/PA600 styles but not custom sounds.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: