Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Program Bank Type Conflicts" error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eweb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: "Program Bank Type Conflicts" error Reply with quote

Hi,

I just got my Kronos X 61, updated to latest OS, latest firmware. Installed the Kronos editor 2.1. Already read the manual. Knows how to operate. Good. However, when working with the editor (on Windows BTW), when switching to other programs that potentially reside in different banks (using, for example, the "banks" tab), the Kronos doesn't change the program. Instead, I'm getting a popup in the Kronos itself, saying "Program Bank Type Conflicts". I'm working in synchronized editting. I tried to re-transfer everything again from the Kronos to the PC. Nothing helps.

Is it a known issue? How could I workaround it? Any fix?

Thanks!
Erez
eweb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW just discovered that if I manually change the bank in the Kronos before asking the editor to switch to a new bank, the problem disappears...
Niarf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are trying to write a HD1 program in an Exi bank, or the other way around, you can't, see page 3 on the parameter guide =)
Ableton Push
Where's my Kronos ?
eweb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks, but no, that's not the case... I am asking the Kronos *PC editor* software to *select* a program that currently resides in a different bank. Clearly, the editor does something wrong, as if I manually "help" it by going to the Kronos *Synthesizer* and change the bank just before I ask the PC editor software to select a new program, everything is cool.

Sounds like a bug to me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Andreuz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: "Program Bank Type Conflicts" Reply with quote

eweb-

I am having the same exact issue with my Kronos X73 with the Editor 2.1 and Kronos X OS 2.1 and both are "synchronized".

Using the editor to change program/bank: Error message on the Kronos says "Program Bank Type Conflicts".

Did you ever find a fix?
eweb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: "Program Bank Type Conflicts" Reply with quote

Andreuz wrote:
eweb-

I am having the same exact issue with my Kronos X73 with the Editor 2.1 and Kronos X OS 2.1 and both are "synchronized".

Using the editor to change program/bank: Error message on the Kronos says "Program Bank Type Conflicts".

Did you ever find a fix?

Well, I found a reasonable workaround: just before I actually store the program from the Editor, I go to the Kronos itself, and change the bank to the relevant bank (for example, if I want to store something in bank User D, I actually physically change to bank User D on the Kronos synthesizer itself). Then the store operations always succeeds.

I find it strange that no one hits this issue (well, you did Smile)
Andreuz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: "Program Bank Type Conflicts" Reply with quote

eweb-

Just found the solution. Goto "Global" section under "Plug in Options". In the "Preferences" Goto "Plugin Setup" (last tab on right). Check "Banks" & under Routing "Route to Editor" & "Route to Editor MIDI Port". So far, seems to be working. Will keep you posted after more testing.

-Andreuz
DaveMusic8888

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manual: this preference only shows up when editor being run as a plug-in!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: