Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 and a Nord Stage 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marceys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Kronos 2 and a Nord Stage 3 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have played my Kronos with a lot of joy the last 3 years and now upgraded my second board to a Nord Stage 3. Think this could be a great combo.

I like the setlist option in the Kronos a lot and it helps me a lot to get things organized....

Is there someone who can tell where to start when i want to sent program changes to the Nord within the Setlist (combi's) of the Kronos.
Think the Kronos is in this case Master and the Nord the Slave....

But where to start as somekind of Midi dummie.....

Thanks a lot when someone can get me started...

cheers,

Marc
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My setup is a K2-61 and a Nord Stage 2. The two of them are not connected together. I too use the Kronos set list function while playing shows. I have included what Nord program I need to use in the comment area in the set list display. For example: A-1-1 would be Bank A program 1-1. This system works well for me.
Sweat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marc,

Page 78 of the Operation Guide explains setting a Timbre status (of a Combi) to EX2 the parameters allow you to transmit MIDI Bank Select messages for changing banks on external MIDI devices, (such as your Nord Stage)
marceys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
My setup is a K2-61 and a Nord Stage 2. The two of them are not connected together. I too use the Kronos set list function while playing shows. I have included what Nord program I need to use in the comment area in the set list display. For example: A-1-1 would be Bank A program 1-1. This system works well for me.

Hello Falcon2e,

Thanks for your response. Maybe that would be enough to get the job done indeed but as i am in 4 bands and a lot of different patches/sounds i would like to get that automated.

But i have to see if it is too difficult (for me) to make such a setup and stick to two seperate controlled devices....it just seemed easy to me, using the setlist option and have everything in place in one time....

Thanks again,

Marc
marceys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweat wrote:
Hi Marc,

Page 78 of the Operation Guide explains setting a Timbre status (of a Combi) to EX2 the parameters allow you to transmit MIDI Bank Select messages for changing banks on external MIDI devices, (such as your Nord Stage)

Hello Sweat,

Thanks for your answer. I have been in these settings indeed.
I made a combi, chanel 1 and 2 for intern channels for playing sounds with the Kronos and tried the EXT2 on channel 3 and set it to the channel of the Nord. But i don't want to play a Nord sound with the Kronos just have my program/patch changed to a different one...

Hmm, some learning and exploring to do for me...

Thanks again,

Marc
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marceys wrote:
Falcon2e wrote:

Hello Falcon2e,

Thanks for your response. Maybe that would be enough to get the job done indeed but as i am in 4 bands and a lot of different patches/sounds i would like to get that automated.

But i have to see if it is too difficult (for me) to make such a setup and stick to two seperate controlled devices....it just seemed easy to me, using the setlist option and have everything in place in one time....

Thanks again,

Marc

If you can make everything work for you via MIDI, then that’s the way to go.

I’m playing in more than one band also. What I have done is to make a “master” set list for each band, it’s initially very time consuming, but once you have it saved, things start to work easier. Good luck sir 😎
FB Music

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mute channel 3 on the combi mixer page. That should do the trick!
Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For changing programs of an external keyboard after setting a channel status to EX2, you will need to set the MSB/LSB parameters on Combi tabs TimbreParameter > MIDI. This sets midi communication with the program banks of the specific device. For Nord Stage 3, try MSB=0 and LSB=(1,2, or 3) It should be in the NS3 documentation. Finally, like kronos internal programs, the external program is changed on the main Combi tab ProgSelect/Mixer > Play in the timbre (channel) Bank/Program parameter.
marceys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys,

Gonna try some things again.... not sure where to find the program number on the Nord Stage3 but i gues i have to be in the Nord Forum for that...

cheers,

MArc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: