Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valve Force disable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brysonpricemusic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Valve Force disable? Reply with quote

On many presets, Valve force is automatically activated once the preset is selected. Is there a way to permanently disable until I decide to re-enable it? I think the valve force is broken because it only plays out of one speaker so its really inconvenient to have to disable it on every preset that has it enabled. thanks for your help!
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there isn't a global setting to disable Valve Force.

It would take some time, but over the course of a few hours (or days) you can manually edit and rewrite all presets to have Valve Force turned off.

First I'd save the current presets from MEDIA>Save>Save PGC in a file named VFON.PGC.

Scroll through each preset, and whenever you land on one with Valve Force light on, hit the Valve Force button to turn it off, then select Write Program at the top right. Repeat, repeat, repeat...

When you're all done, save to MEDIA>Save>Save PGC in a file named VFOFF.PGC.

A librarian batch script could be written to turn off Valve Force for all programs and combis in bulk, but I don't know of availability of such a script.

Last edited by bpoodoo on Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
slain_by_silence

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going through all the presets, disabling Valve Force and rewriting them didn't help in my case.
I think it somehow affects the combis too. I experienced seriously degraded audio quality.

So I opened it up and replaced the dead tube. Previous owner had a 12AX7 Tube installed.
I think this type of tube doesn't work well with extreme.

I replaced it with 12AU7 electroharmonix ecc82h and everything is back to normal again.
Symptoms like occasional button flickering is gone now too.

Thanks @bpoodoo - your posts helped me solve the issue!
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Glad to help out identifying the original tube maker and model. Great job replacing the tube!
BrysonPrice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slain_by_silence wrote:
Going through all the presets, disabling Valve Force and rewriting them didn't help in my case.
I think it somehow affects the combis too. I experienced seriously degraded audio quality.

So I opened it up and replaced the dead tube. Previous owner had a 12AX7 Tube installed.

I replaced it with 12AU7 electroharmonix ecc82h and everything is back to normal again. button flickering is gone now too.

Sorry for the delay in responding..thank you for your responses! It's been a very long time since I've logged in

Slain By Silence: did you have this same issue also? I would love to fix this issue, just want to make sure that the valve is actually the bad part and that it's not something else : )
BrysonPrice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slain_by_silence wrote:

I replaced it with 12AU7 electroharmonix ecc82h and everything is back to normal again. button flickering is gone now too.

Sorry for the delay in responding..thank you for your responses! It's been a very long time since I've logged in

Slain By Silence: did you have this same issue also? I would love to fix this issue, just want to make sure that the valve is actually the bad part and that it's not something else : )

Also, if I do go down the route of replacing the tube, where can I find a legit replacement tube and is there any good resources on how to do go about replacing it ? thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: