Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O1 WFD Music Workstation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris2261

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: O1 WFD Music Workstation Reply with quote

Not sure I'm in right place to ask but I have a problem I was wondering if anyone could help:
I brought the workstation out of the attic after maybe 6-8 years of not playing.
Firstly it was saying low internal battery which I replaced and is fine.
The problem is the Value up button doesn't work in SEQ, Combi, Prog etc however the Value down button does work. Value slider working fine also.
Any ideas how it can be fixed?

Thank you.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's probably poor contact on the button from dust - try a can of compressed air right under the button and see if that does it, otherwise it might take getting at the button itself. I'll warn you, that's super-complicated. You have to essentially take the entire 01/W apart just to get to that button. It's worth taking to a technician and that person do it unless you're good at taking the 01/W apart.
yoshi88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
it's probably poor contact on the button from dust - try a can of compressed air right under the button and see if that does it, otherwise it might take getting at the button itself. I'll warn you, that's super-complicated. You have to essentially take the entire 01/W apart just to get to that button. It's worth taking to a technician and that person do it unless you're good at taking the 01/W apart.

Absolutely Correct!!!

Solder skills are essential for this repair. I am a service technician and suggest you have it professionally done for you for peace of mind. However, if you are careful, you can take pictures of every step along the way and place the screws grouped in categories in a egg carton, as well as tag all those connectors, you could do it yourself. Sometimes an miniscule amount of iso or deoxit on the tact switch will temporarily improve touch response, but the BEST way is to replace the tact switches. There are many resources on the net that detail how to disassemble. Watch them three times first, then if you are up to it follow the detailed instructions.

The tact switches fail as they approach their end of life. They are cheap and easy to desolder and replace. Do them all.
The KORG 01WFD is a wonderful workstation! While you are in there , change the backlight or upgrade the display.
Good Luck
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: