Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending CCs from MASTER VOLUME slider on X5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldKorger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Sending CCs from MASTER VOLUME slider on X5 Reply with quote

Does anyone out there still have an X5? (Forum search came up empty)

I want to use the two sliders on my Korg X5 (labeled MASTER VOLUME and VALUE) to control some effects in my DAW (Reaper) but am not seeing any CC messages transmitted when the MASTER VOLUME slider is adjusted.

I do have Global setting 02E MIDI FILTER CTRL:ENA and am getting CC6,38 messages when the VALUE slider is adjusted in MULTI mode.

In Reaper, I'm testing what's being sent by using ReaControlMIDI and turning on the log.

The X5 manual in the MIDI Implementation Chart on p188 indicates that CC7 should be sent for Volume, but I'm not seeing any CCs of any type when the MASTER VOLUME slider is adjusted.

Was hoping to get this slider working as I don't have enough physical desktop space for a proper MIDI controller surface, not even for the nanoKONTROL2.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master Volume on the X5 is an analogue control that doesn't send any MIDI CC# messages. This applies across most, if not all of the Korg keyboard range, including the Kronos. You might have more luck using an expression pedal, since that does result in MIDI CC#s being generated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: