Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is my MicroKorg broken?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fillwox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Is my MicroKorg broken? Reply with quote

Hey all,

I've had this MicroKorg for around 6 years now, only really been using it properly in the last 2. Generally I use it to receive Midi from my DAW through my interface, then send the audio from the synth back to the interface, fairly simple stuff.

I setup the Midi options on the synth a long time ago so that I could sync the clock up with my DAW and work with synced tempo etc. It all worked amazingly for the last 2 years, until...

From last week, whenever I send Midi from my DAW to the MicroKorg, it plays one short note (as if it was cut off) then doesn't play anything else. The Tempo light doesn't stay in line with the DAWs tempo (I'm using LPX, I always set the project settings to send Midi Clock etc) and no matter which patch I select it just doesn't function.

I know this is vague but I really can't pinpoint the issue. I've tried factory resets, opening fresh and old LPX projects, but no luck. If anyone has any ideas whatsoever, no matter how simple or complex, I'd really appreciate it. As far as I know I didn't change anything on he day it stopped working...

Thanks!
fillwox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

As an update, on Logic Pro X -

I have three tracks in a new project, a Software Instrument (Piano), a Midi track sending to the MicroKorg, and a stereo audio track receiving from the MicroKorgs Outs. The Midi track has a midi region with notes in. All Tracks are monitoring.

When I play and select the Soft Instrument track, I can hear the Microkorg, but it seems to be only monophonic. (the MicroKorg preset I've selected is Polyphonic)

When I play and select the midi track I hear nothing.

When I play and select the audio track I hear nothing.

When I Mute the Midi track and select any other track I hear nothing.

When I've created different software instrument tracks with different instruments and select them (with no midi regions) I hear all sorts of different sounds from the MicroKorg. They all seem to be playing the same notes, but are effected by seemingly an LFO or some other effects.

I'm really confused here... It seems like there is some weird routing issue where its routing the Midi track through the software instruments then sending it to the Korg, but I don;'t see how thats possible...
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can try another keyboard to hook up to the mK using a midi cable and check whether that works.

Or you can try the MIDI-OX application on a WinPC. It is a low level tool and has a keyboard mode in which the keys of your pc keyboard send midi notes.

This to rule out setup issues in LPX.

Bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: