Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think of EBAY 11200 styles on USB stick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quadnutter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: What do you think of EBAY 11200 styles on USB stick Reply with quote

Hello
I’m a novice learning music and I am delighted with my KORG Pa1000 arranger which is an impressive instrument.

I’ve visited the KORG Bonusware site to download to my computer numerous styles, and other items which I’ve yet to work out what I can do with.
My downloads have been transferred to a USB stick and I’m having fun loading some of the styles individually.

However, I’ve seen on EBAY KORG Pa1000 styles which you can buy via download or by a USB stick.
Before I decide whether to buy from the EBAY site, I would appreciate your views on whether the styles are worth it, and if they’re good quality?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Styles-for-korg-pa-pa4x-pa700-pa1000-on-usb-stick-or-via-download-11200-styles-/202689985404?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, welcome to the forum!
Second, I would suspect most, if not all, of these styles are copies or duplicates of those already available for free elsewhere. Not certain, but that is usually the case with these "collections" on EBay.
I would only purchase if they have a money-back guarantee.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Who uses more than twenty go-to styles anyway? It's nice to have loads of styles, I guess, but I have more than enough with what the factory supplies anyway. A few tweaks, alterations here and there, is plenty for me.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

Why are you looking at third party Styles when you have hundreds of factory and Bonusware Styles.

Also, you have enough on your plate learning about playing music and about the PA and getting to grips with its operation rather than spending hours, and hours assessing others Styles.
Quadnutter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Welcome.

Why are you looking at third party Styles when you have hundreds of factory and Bonusware Styles.

Also, you have enough on your plate learning about playing music and about the PA and getting to grips with its operation rather than spending hours, and hours assessing others Styles.

I fully agree with you and I think I was getting distracted. After all, as you all point out that with the Bonusware site, which I have already visited, that there’s plenty to keep me busy.

Thank you all for your helpful responses.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head over to Korgworld, its the home for Korg UK’s PA users, it is run by Korg staff.

There are twenty plus past webinars each c1 hour long that is a mine of very useful tips and tricks to get the best out of your PA

https://www.crowdcast.io/korgworld
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This and similar have been offered for many years now - I personally wouldn't go near them - they are usually a rip-off.

Pete Very Happy

P.S. Welcome!!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

This and similar have been offered for many years now - I personally wouldn't go near them - they are usually a rip-off.

Pete Very Happy

P.S. Welcome!!!

I think that I would have to agree. I would imagine that most, if not all of these styles, can be found through Korg's Bonusware site, and a few others.

I would also imagine that most of these styles are from current and previous versions of arrangers from Korg, as well as converted styles from other brands of arrangers.

There may be some gems in there, but I would imagine that the OP can find just about everything for free anyway from Korg and from other users.

When these sellers on eBay say that something is designed for use on the PA series, they fail to mention that any style from a previous arranger is converted when you try to load it into a current PA series arranger anyway. At least that is my experience.

I used to have a PA500 and loading the factory styles from that board into my PA7000 yielded a lot of duplicates that were already in the PA700. Sure, they were reworked a bit to use the factory sounds on the PA700, but they were the same.

Most converted styles from these sellers will usually load GM sounds instead of the newer sounds from the Factory/Legacy banks already included in the PA700/PA1000/PA4X.

I would recommend that the OP visit Korg's Bonusware site and grab everything and see if there is anything that can be used that is not already in the machine.

The one advantage to getting a set from eBay or wherever is that they are already categorized (usually ) for you. Some may see that as a benefit of buying such a large collection of styles.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: