Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No volume slider inputs (Triton Pro-X)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AverageTri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: No volume slider inputs (Triton Pro-X) Reply with quote

I have been wrapping my head around the issue for a month. Outputting at full volume. Master Volume slider does no change. Thought it was potentiometer at fault but replacing did nothing. The midi command works just fine though.
WaveTemper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: No volume slider inputs (Triton Pro-X) Reply with quote

AverageTri wrote:
I have been wrapping my head around the issue for a month. Outputting at full volume. Master Volume slider does no change. Thought it was potentiometer at fault but replacing did nothing. The midi command works just fine though.

If via midi the volume control works correctly, I think it is still a "mechanical" problem and not a "software" problem (therefore not of the system), but you write that you have already replaced the fader and the problem remains. At this point I think we should see why the physical command does not allow you to change the volume level. It occurs to me that (I am not a technician, but I guess) if the physical command does not change the volume level, perhaps it is the track of the audio signal that reaches the fader that is not working correctly. Surely I'm saying nonsense and this has nothing to do with it, but try to check the capacitors that are above the volume fader: C1 / C2 / C3 / C4 and the connector called CN208, see where the connection of this goes connector starting from this analog card. The capacitors as you know, you can unsolder them without problems and see if they work, then you could see if it is a specific connection between that CN208 connector and where the cable that starts from that point must be connected. Obviously (even if I'm a technician) the fader corresponds to a variable resistor, but since the capacitors are also connected, a check (if you haven't already done it) I would do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: