Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer slow/stumbling after 5 tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timswiley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:56 am    Post subject: Sequencer slow/stumbling after 5 tracks Reply with quote

Ok so I've replicated this without any fx. Meaning I've saved all programs used in sequence to user locations with all effects removed even master fx. In the sequence itself the fx are all turned off and nothing routing to them. Aka running no FX... Everything including drums running to L/R only. And no matter what I do as soon as I start to work on a 5th or 6th track it stutters, stammers and will not playback at a constant tempo. In a 8 bar looping sequence it tends to stammer first few bars... Gets ok by about bar 4 to 8 and then when it loops it repeats the stammering with varying flavor.

And trying to record gets butchered too unless I mute a couple tracks while recording... I've owned a triton extreme twice and I do not remember the thing struggling so soon on my old one... Also polyphony being used at max is no more than 12 to 16 notes including double oscillators on some of the programs. I've also tried OS 1.05 and 1.06 and both have the issue.

It's also worth noting when the problem occurs everything is delayed... Like hitting stop button on playback can take 3 or 4 seconds to actually register and stop the sequence.

Any ideas?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the “Event Edit” page and look at the CC# data in your tracks. See if there’s tons of CC# data being recorded by your loops running in record mode. It could be that you are overloading the sequencer due to some controller flooding out CC data that’s is saturating the tracks ever single frame.

Regareds
Sharp
timswiley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Sharp you Rock... Reply with quote

Well that was it... I thought I checked this but clearly must not have looked deeply enough at all tracks... Found one track with thousands of control changes in 8 measures... Aka not right or sure why it got recorded. But erased as you suggested and voila things are very responsive again.

Appreciate the troubleshooting tip Sharp. Really nice that expert people out there offering help.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, happy to hear that worked for you.

Kind regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: