Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X3 part

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
High C Double G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Korg X3 part Reply with quote

Hi, I found this rattling around in my X3. Can anybody identify it? It was on the right side of the keyboard near the key touch strip and the plastic keys (in between there, came out easily when I shook it to the side). It could be also used as a Yamaha part possibly. Unfortunately, the keyboard took a fall so I think this is when it came loose. My terminology is probably wrong. Function-wise, the keys seem to work normally.

On a side note, I seemed to have lost my floppy disks for this keyboard, and the computer that has my sysex backup files won't startup. Around this time I also lost the battery so my memory is gone and I do not know if these two are related to each other. I get a weak single sound out of the keyboard at this point. Still working on it.

Thanks for any help. I don't know what it does or where it goes. I thought I might post it here as maybe it could be easily identifiable to anyone that has worked on these keyboards.

Michael

PS: Well I just found out that the photos need to be hosted by another site to get here. It looks kinda like a skinny rectangle wishbone - a little over an inch long - I am running late - I'll have to pick this up later today. it is black.
High C Double G

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi forum,

I didn't get the photos placed anywhere. Very much behind the 8-Ball.

This question "X3 Part" might belong in the Korg Synths (General) section? There is a lot going on here I am sure because there is so much good product within the Korg line of musical instruments.

I replaced the belt on my floppy and I did find my disks Yay!! but nothing is loading with the error message "drive not ready" just as before -- I need to go back in and check all connections.

This thing has worked flawlessly over many years. I want it back. Looking for a M1. M1ex, T3, T2, maybe even a T1.
High C Double G

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Still have not found a site to host my photos Sad - BUT.... I did pull the trigger on a T3. More money than I wanted to spend by a c-note easily.

Hopefully, it doesn't have too much wrong with it, it looks good in the photos.

Certainly, it doesn't look abused. So hopefully I have it by next week or so and I can run it through its paces. Excited to have those great piano sounds again. I have a Kurzweil module that is really good but there is something special about the early Korgs. Now I am back in the saddle with a T3.

My sound card w/midi is an old school E-Mu 1212m and it is PCI - I need two PCI slots for it to work (it's two cards basically) so my main computer does not have two PCI slots - PCIe sure got those but only one PCI slot. Mad!

The E-mu is a good sounding card. I obviously haven't made the "real" jump to computer recording personally; I record at other studios, and I have hard disk recorders and porta-studios I put ideas to, along with a simple stereo digital recorder in the room. Sorry, I am rambling Shocked

I am going to take a known-good computer that powers up and that has 2 x PCI slots and download necessary programs, Midi-OX, etc... transfer and install the sound card and hard drive that holds my sysex files, and hopefully, it works to dump the sounds into the X3. Or, I could try and transfer the PS that powers into the old computer that has the midi, programs, and hard drive with the files.

Any opinions and/or help to make this decision is super appreciated, I don't know the best way to go on this.

I am not the best with computer stuff. I will have to take my time and think it through and follow any advice when given to me here on the forum.

Thank you in advance if anybody chimes in. I know my tone might not be the best, it seems I am trying too hard or something I don't know. I am usually super chill and helpful when I know something to let people know what I know. But this whole thread it seems like I am just not in a good flow. I do appreciate anyone who chimes in.

I guess it is my, I, me, mine, type of deal. looking over the verbiage there is much of that and very little of yours, you, us, we, so sorry about that. I want to be a part of it and not just talk all about myself. Okay... Peace

Michael
Narioso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can host pics here and link into forums
https://www.own-free-website.com/

Once uploaded just hover mouse and make a copy of link to pic and insert here.

Deactivate size reduction so it remains same size as uploaded.
High C Double G

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Narioso,

I will check that out and get the photos up on this site. I have a feeling that the floppy is toast (bad without recovery) and I have an X3R (a friend's unit) that has the same issue "drive not ready" after replacing the belt with a fresh belt.

However, a plastic piece doesn't come out of a keyboard without somehow affecting it in some way or another. I am just not sure how...

Michael
slooky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be the ribbon cable is not back the same way when you took it out. I found that out. I know its been a few years but just in case you came back to this thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: