Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KAOSSPAD IMS 20 Settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdcp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: KAOSSPAD IMS 20 Settings Reply with quote

Hey There!
Please Help!I´m trying to figure out,how to assign parameter settings for the left Kaosspad!i can´t find anything in the "manual"!
Thanks a lot!
Bye,pat
inaheartbeat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you will have a pattern/song you are working on. If not, then just create a simple 16 bar tune by selecting the keyboard controller from the main page and hitting the play and record buttons and start playing. You now have a melody to work with in your pattern.

Close up the keyboard controller and you will see the main synth page. Pull down to get to the sequencer section which is hidden up top and looks terrifying if you have never used this program before. Don't fear!

You will see four buttons that can select one of four things to control. One of them is "Parameter." Select the button for Parameter.

You will see for each step a set of knobs and then channel A, B, and C. If you select the push button under the Channel A, B, or C label then you will see a menu of choices that you can choose from to assign a parameter to be controlled. For example, I set parameter for channel A to be low pass cutoff. I set parameter B to be low pass peak (which is really resonance).

Now select the Kaoss pad controller by selecting the button at the top of the screen labeled "Kaoss Pad" under Controllers.

On the left Kaoss pad select the Settings button. You will see a variety of choices for X and Y. One is Param 1 which is what you assigned to Channel A in the sequencer. One is Param 2 which is what you assigned to Channel B in the sequencer. This is the magic!!! I put Param 1 on X and Param 2 on Y and close the box up.

Your Kaoss pads now control low pass resonance and cutoff and you can do it in real time to your pattern or whatever you want to play.

I hope this helps!
ammon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Damn! Thanks man! Reply with quote

Been looking for that!
Dan108

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inaheartbeat wrote:
I assume you will have a pattern/song you are working on. If not, then just create a simple 16 bar tune by selecting the keyboard controller from the main page and hitting the play and record buttons and start playing. You now have a melody to work with in your pattern.

Close up the keyboard controller and you will see the main synth page. Pull down to get to the sequencer section which is hidden up top and looks terrifying if you have never used this program before. Don't fear!

You will see four buttons that can select one of four things to control. One of them is "Parameter." Select the button for Parameter.

You will see for each step a set of knobs and then channel A, B, and C. If you select the push button under the Channel A, B, or C label then you will see a menu of choices that you can choose from to assign a parameter to be controlled. For example, I set parameter for channel A to be low pass cutoff. I set parameter B to be low pass peak (which is really resonance).

Now select the Kaoss pad controller by selecting the button at the top of the screen labeled "Kaoss Pad" under Controllers.

On the left Kaoss pad select the Settings button. You will see a variety of choices for X and Y. One is Param 1 which is what you assigned to Channel A in the sequencer. One is Param 2 which is what you assigned to Channel B in the sequencer. This is the magic!!! I put Param 1 on X and Param 2 on Y and close the box up.

Your Kaoss pads now control low pass resonance and cutoff and you can do it in real time to your pattern or whatever you want to play.

I hope this helps!

Hi, I’m really grateful for your explanation I was looking for this for so long!
Can I ask you help also to understand how to set voltage parameters in kaoss pad please?
https://i.postimg.cc/v8ScGnrD/BD418-AE8-6626-4449-A82-D-987572-EF852-F.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: