Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prologue 8 - Potential Sub Timbre Bug Issue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
intlcmd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Prologue 8 - Potential Sub Timbre Bug Issue? Reply with quote

When I am working in layer mode I can edit the Main Timbre with no issues. I've found that when I go to edit just the Sub Timbre it is also changing parameters for the Main Timbre.

My workflow is enabling the Sub Timbre -> Edit Sub -> I zero out VCO1+2+Multi -> Edit Main and develop my first layer. Then I go back to Edit Sub -> and when I change parameters (Sub VCO1 or VCO2 Volume for example) it changes the volume for the Main Timbre oscillators.

Firmware is 2.10.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks!
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot replicate that, tried for 20 minutes and see nothing indicating this.

I tried distinct waveforms like square in different octaves in one timbre, and triangle in sub etc. And low levels so I easily hear when something else chime in in other layer.

I could not hear nor see any changes in one timbre affecting the other - as I chose Edit Main or Edit Sub on button 3.

Also saving in between you would see '*' seeking which values it goes by in each layer.

It is tricky unless you save in between so you see which waveforms are chosen in each, but did that as final test. I do frequent saves making patches when I go back and forth like this or I get lost rather quickly. But most of the time I just do combined preview and adjust balance, and quite often split timbres for left and right hand, not layering.

You could test split - and play on opposite side that is active for editing - and you will hear any changes to timbre if both are affected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: