Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX & SX chip Fuse Repair - DIY
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwinch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great info, I tried the wire but it didnt work. Now as well as the regular screen with no text, the green and red lights above the 11 & 12 keys light up as well as the 15, 16, synth part 5, the accent button next to that and one of the BF red lights above them. Any ideas on what's going on? Does anyone know where to get the 1.5A fuse you guys are talking about? Thanks in advance
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be a little late on this, but.. I recently had to replace a SCSI fuse that was soldered on the main board of my Akai S3000XL. What I ended up doing was clipping the fuse off with tiny wire cutters and soldering two hook-ups to a fuse-holder I purchased at Radio Shack. I mounted the holder to the outside/back of the main chassis. I had to buy a large 1/2" drill bit so I could mount it, but it's now easy-as-pie to replace the fuse. I am sure the same could be done here. I suggest using 1.5A Slo-blo cylindrical fuses.
wirefree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

I imagined this was my problem. I plugged in my SX into a 220 V outlet (India). There was some smoke and a bang.

This thread gave me hope. So I had a local electronics workshop solder the fuse for me. But the problem remains, which is:

There is no text on the screen even though the lights are on. This is the precise same situation I was in right after I blew the fuse (that is if I blew the fuse).

Won't you please, please help me,
wirefree
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty black-and-white: you remove the busted fuse and solder one that isn't into its place. The amperage, photos and instructions are there, if you can't repair it with this info then you're gonna have to find someone who can.

But if you plugged it into the wrong voltage socket and it MADE SMOKE (that's bad), then it could be completely toasted. The fact that it's the same symptoms are at least a glimmer of hope that you only fried the fuse.
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fixed my long-dead spare ESX with this info. Thanks to the posters who provided the instructions, ratings and photos! It's not even necessary to remove the dead fuse: just solder the old points to some wires, then solder these to a 1.5amp fuse. Doesn't need to be another surface-mount one either, just be sure to insulate all the metallic bits with some good tape!
sl23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas on what the problem is if the fuse is intact?

I have checked continuity of the fuse with a multimeter and it's beeping, so the fuse seems ok.

Also, a bit random, but does anyone know which board the 'memory' chip is located on?

Thanks for your help.
babuz87

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zurikiser wrote:
Thanks for the help Ruso
can you guys help me to buy the fuse in italy? I have the same problem with my korg esx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: