Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving multi instrument patch to multi track for mixing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twangsta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject: Saving multi instrument patch to multi track for mixing. Reply with quote

Hi,

Greetings from India!
First post here Smile

My keyboard player buddy I'm working with remotely isn't very sure of the workflow, I was surprised to find out that a patch on the TR he's using is multi-instrument, strings with drums etc.

My question: Is it possible for him to set a recording mode where all different instruments are saved to different files, also that drums be split up into individual files for kick, snare, hihats, crashes etc.

I just want to know if it's possible and what instructions I should give him to get it done. Or is it so that it's only possible if the option is set before recording, is there a tool that korg has than can extract the stubs for instance?

Working with premixed as lovely as it sounds is limiting when I'm aggregating with other tracks in a DAW, limits my options.

Hope this is possible Smile

Thanks in advance,
Sid
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patch is probably a combination comprised of multiple individual programs.

Assuming he has recorded his performance using the on-board sequencer, each of these programs will be in its own track (i.e. one for keyboard, one for strings, one for drums, etc.). He could mute all but one track and record the sequence playback as separate audio files. He may need to change the MIDI channel for each track to be different to do this (so they don't all play back even if muted).

Separating out the different drum sounds is possible with more work. He could copy the drum track to multiple tracks, one for each drum sound. In the sequencer, modify the keyboard zone for each track to play just the keys corresponding to a particular drum sound.
twangsta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying; I've been reading his the operation manual; tomorrow we try to get it done.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another, simpler, way to do this is to use the mixer tab to set the volume to 0 for all tracks/programs except the one you want to playback and record.
wpostma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want it multi tracked, record one track at a time into the DAW.

There's ONLY ONE AUDIO OUTPUT PAIR (L/R) from the Korg Keyboards.

But what will you lose if you want stems (you call them stubs, they're called stems by most people)? You will lose synchronization.

Just take his keyboard part and mix it and EQ it and call it a day.

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: