Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

with the i3....is it possible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i3 (new - 2020 model)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: with the i3....is it possible Reply with quote

to record a 4-measure riff (using the style parts, or perhaps not) and then loop those four measures indefinitely? with no gaps?

lots of arrangers have full sequencers (looks like i3 does) but for some Yamaha ones, they sometimes insert a short pause between repeats.

thanks in advance for any/all insights into this.
I'm reading on the i3 and tho it doesn't seem like it is a homerun for me, this one feature might tip it.

TM
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: with the i3....is it possible Reply with quote

moontom wrote:
to record a 4-measure riff (using the style parts, or perhaps not) and then loop those four measures indefinitely? with no gaps?

lots of arrangers have full sequencers (looks like i3 does) but for some Yamaha ones, they sometimes insert a short pause between repeats.

thanks in advance for any/all insights into this.
I'm reading on the i3 and tho it doesn't seem like it is a homerun for me, this one feature might tip it.

TM

The i3 features real-time recording in its sequencer. That roughly means that you cannot simply play 4 measures and copy/paste it into the rest of the song.

The i3 does have a loop feature for playback though that allows you to select which portion of the song you would like to loop. It is explained on Page 23 of the manual.

I would download the manual (it is not a huge manual) and see if the i3 has what you need.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i3 (new - 2020 model) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: