Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NanoKey Studio Chord Pad - always 7th chords?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: NanoKey Studio Chord Pad - always 7th chords? Reply with quote

I apologize if I missed this in my forum search and in my reading of the manual, but can someone please help me sort out how to simplify chords on the NanoKey Studio?

When I have the chord pad on, it always plays four notes, one of which is a 7th. What I'd like is for it to play just three notes when the chord pad is engaged. I'm in the key of C and I've tried all of the scales, but no luck. Four notes every time. Note: Mine is secondhand, so I'm not sure if the previous owner set it up this way or it's standard.

I appreciate any feedback or direction (if this has been covered elsewhere in the forum). Thank you kindly!
Fpcm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject: Same question! Reply with quote

I have a nanokey for more than a year, enjoy the knobs and the pad. But the chords indeed do to much. Have you find an answer?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Kontrol Editor allows up to four notes to be assigned to each of the eight trigger pads, so it should be possible to reassign the chords to something more to your liking.

Fpcm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: One step further Reply with quote

Thanks! Although I did look around in the app previously this opened my eye. Though I seem to be stuck still. I managed to assign four notes to the pads. (One by one, I would have liked just hitting the chord on the micro key) and I uploaded both scene and set, no result.
Any more hints? Please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: