Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M3 keyboard with black ring in the body, what is this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgPa4x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Korg M3 keyboard with black ring in the body, what is this? Reply with quote

Hi,

I found an extraordinary Korg M3 with a sort of round thingy on the left. Someone knows what this is? I can't find any images or info about it on the www. Smile

Thanks!

Picture is in the link below:
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/vz8AAOSwGJVfPYlM/$_86.JPG
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough detail in the image to make much sense. It is most likely to be some sort of decal/sticker, possibly inspired by a vinyl record.

Is there also a broken E key near the right hand side of the keyboard?

Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg M3 keyboard with black ring in the body, what is th Reply with quote

KorgPa4x wrote:
Hi,

I found an extraordinary Korg M3 with a sort of round thingy on the left. Someone knows what this is? I can't find any images or info about it on the www. Smile

Thanks!

Picture is in the link below:
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/vz8AAOSwGJVfPYlM/$_86.JPG

It looks to be a sticker of some kind. I am nor aware of Korg ever putting that kind of a sticker on their keyboards.

Judging from the stickers on the individual keys, I bet it is a 'user installed customization'.

A more hi-res photo would reveal more details though...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An identical circular graphic is used by the Deepgrooves vinyl pressing plant. See:

https://www.deepgrooves.eu/

KorgPa4x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Voip: Wow.. you're right I think. Though it's mirrored the symbol thing looks identical. I was hoping it to be a sort of XY controller but I must be confused with the V-synth I think Smile

@ Musicwithbarry: Hey thanx. That E key's got something blinking at the top indeed.. He is talking about some damaged keys.. but this looks a bit weird..

Anyway, this is the advertisement with more photo's. It's reservated for me Wink https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/muziek-en-instrumenten/synthesizers/m1589331390-korg-m3.html?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618

I think it's not a bad deal though. It's got the Radiasboard installed and it's expanded with the EXB-M256 memoryboard
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of confirmation, in one of the images, it is possible to zoom in and see the actual wording is "DEEPGROOVES" on the horizontal part of the graphic. Maybe the owner has an association with this company, or was given the label as a promotional sticker. It certainly isn't anything like the Time Trip Pad found on the V-Synth.

The M3, especially with Radias onboard, is still a very good sounding keyboard. I saw one being used on stage by Billy Ocean's keyboard player only a couple of years ago.

KorgPa4x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea.. I think it's some sort of sticker.. hopefully the cosmetic state is acceptable.

But thanx! And yeah.. I'm really curious bout the radiasboard. Cool
KorgPa4x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked it up 2 days ago and spend my first hours with it. The key wasn't broken.. probably something that wasn't removed when picturing it. The condition is ok but encoderwheel is skipping. Fortunately there's a + and - button and the nummeric pad.
Don't know if these encoders is available as a sparepart somewhere? I could solder it myself even. Smile

Radiasboard is awesome!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be possible to get an improvement in the encoder response, for a while at least, by rotating the knob back and forth a few times before use.

A source of replacement encoders is here:

https://www.synth-parts.com/en/products/encoder/5214/encoder-12-mm-with-short-axis?c=1532

KorgPa4x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thinks for the link and tip. I'll give it a try. Data slider isn't active on zapping through presets but can be used for settings also.. I'll try to survive for a while.. the M3 keeps me amused for sure.. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: