Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help OS update installation issue, floppies ready

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumbpilot@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Please help OS update installation issue, floppies ready Reply with quote

Hi, need help please. I believe I understand the 1.03 to 2.02 upgrade procedure, I have the files ready on the 5 floppies that is not the issue.

The instructions say to hold down the “ENTER” and “LOCATE” buttons while powering up. I am supposed to get a message “to install disk #1.”

I have tried this multiple times and it takes me to the regular boot-up screen as if I did nothing. I read somewhere else that you have to hold down “ENTER” and “0” while powering up which doesn’t work either. I have tried various combinations countless times and I just get a regular boot up.

I’m hoping I can get some help from someone.

Thanks,
Dave
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Most probably either enter or locate (or both) are not registering the key press (they are faulty).
boot it normally and confirm that both buttons work.
It is usual for buttons to fail after so many years.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Thumbpilot@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I was wondering the same thing. The enter button seems to be registering but being a Triton newbie I am uncertain how to test the locate button. I am still learning how to use it. Unless you know an easy way I’ll read through the manuals to figure it out.

If that is the case hopefully it won’t be too hateful to disassemble and clean.

Dave
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ll boot my triton extreme later to check what the locate button does as i don't really remember.
To disassemble it and reach the front panelboards you need to remove EVERYTHING from the keyboard.Tritons are difficult keyboards to disassemble for repairs.So be sure to shoot a video and keep screws and things noted while doing it and also get a spare tact switch to replace it (needs desoldering/soldering) as if cleaning works it will only last for a short period of time.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Thumbpilot@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I am very lucky to have met you. Maybe I am better off just replacing all of the switches while I am in there. I suppose they are easy to find online once I know what they look like.

The Triton Studio is SN 000212 so it may be one of the first ones made. Everything else seems to work great on it.

It’s cool you are in Greece. My wife is Greek and we have always wanted to visit there. Her aunt owns a really nice island there somewhere, I’ve only seen pictures of it. Maybe someday.

Thanks again
Dave
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes maybe change all of them.
They are really cheap (~0.20$ each here).
You can find them on ebay and you ll see a lot of links if you search for "triton studio tact switch" on google...
I ll update about the function of locate when i find time to pull out the T-EX to check it!

Thumbpilot@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thank you again I really appreciate it!
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: