Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jupiter Xm vs KingKorg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Jupiter Xm vs KingKorg Reply with quote

I’m testing out a Jupiter Xm....never played the KK (or Prologue for that matter). I like the Jupiter despite its terrible layout and UI. Real problem tho is how “Roland” it sounds. I’m curious if anyone here has play tested both and has some thoughts....really love Korg and could be happy w Microkorg XL plus, Kk or Prologue....
Thanks in advance for any/all insights
noguud

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you liking it so far. Watched some demos. Sounds great 👍. Seems a little deeper and more capable than a KIngKorg
moontom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject: how do I like Xm? Reply with quote

it's incredibly capable and incredibly frustrating.

the interface is a challenge, and there are problems w/ basic stuff (MIDI drift etc). I can't believe Roland made a box w/ 16 buttons that do steps like an xOx sequencer (like JD Xi) and then made it very tricky to use. same with the arps.

I loved the sound of it and the fact that you can layer a Juno 106 with a Jupiter with some Roland digital sounds. but decided against it b/c of the UI stuff. music is challenging enough with fighting the machines.
noguud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you didn’t keep it?

I would probably get the big brother X if I was going for that synth. Unfortunately, i don’t play enough to justify another purchase like that.

Plus, I’m really thinking of getting a waldorf blofeld. Seems like it would be a good companion to the KK.
moontom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: did not keep it Reply with quote

I spent the time w/ the Xm and learned my way around but ultimately it felt like I hit too many snags and would continue to do so. it was easy to say goodbye....
I only know what I've read about the Waldorf....sounds amazing....
good luck!
mike3000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:13 am    Post subject: KingKORG and Blofeld Reply with quote

noguud wrote:
So you didn’t keep it?

I would probably get the big brother X if I was going for that synth. Unfortunately, i don’t play enough to justify another purchase like that.

Plus, I’m really thinking of getting a waldorf blofeld. Seems like it would be a good companion to the KK.

I have a Blofeld (the keyboard version) and it is indeed a good companion to the KingKORG. KK does excellent analogue modelling synthesis with its classic synth filters and Blofeld does wonderful wavetable synthesis. (Waldorf are the masters of wavetable synthesis. They did after all inherit the PPG Wave technology, and Wolfgang Palm was their chief advisor.) Btw, I use the Blofeld keyboard with its lovely Fatar keys and aftertouch as MIDI controller keyboard for my KK, so much more enjoyable to play than the KK’s crappy lightweight keys.

Last edited by mike3000 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: