Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Static Noise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Crowe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Static Noise Reply with quote

So I got an Ek-50 less than a week ago and noticed a static noise coming from the built-in effects. I know it's not the speakers since I've used them to listen to external audio through aux chord, plus I used headphones and confirmed the noise persists while using them. That's why I think it's coming from the effects themselves. I haven't found anyone addressing such issues so I'd appreciate some input. Thanks.
Mitzie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try a Factory Restore/Reset, John, and see if that cures the problem?
John_Crowe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mitzie, thank you for your response. I've tried it but it's all the same. One thing I've realized is that it gets much more noticeable when I have effects active on a preset. For example, I put a small reverb and a slow rotary effect into a grand piano preset and this causes the noise to be significantly louder... I've also tried different power outlets but it didn't help.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything connected to the Audio In? Is the EK50 near a source of interference? e.g. cellphone, WiFi transceiver (router or laptop).
John_Crowe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing. I disconnected everything except for the power cable and I've also tested while not having any of those devices around.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John_Crowe wrote:
No, nothing. I disconnected everything except for the power cable and I've also tested while not having any of those devices around.

It sounds like you may have purchased a faulty unit. I would return it for another one. Sometimes, these types of things happen Sad

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
musicmaker84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, just to make sure it's not a ground loop effect, disconnect it from the mains and run it using batteries.

With some other equipment of mine I had to do the same to minimize interference.
Bunwich100

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my EK-50 U less than a week. I found a persistent static - popping sound when displaying only one particular effect. #38 "St.AnlgRecd". Its not a big deal, but I noticed I'm not the only one to experience this type of issue.

Korg EK-50 U
Casio CT-S400

"Face Piles of Styles with Smiles"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: