Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLease Help: How do I load New Sounds TO TRITON EXTREME 88

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timrabara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: PLease Help: How do I load New Sounds TO TRITON EXTREME 88 Reply with quote

Hi Fellow Korg Family
I just received a TRITON extreme 88 key and I wanted some new piano and piano strings sounds

1. Does anyone have any

2. How Do I load them

I play for my church and would love to have some new piano and strings sound
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Triton Extreme downloads section of this web site. There are many PCG files and samples there you could try out.

From a computer, unzip them to a USB flash drive then plug the USB drive into the port in the back of your keyboard and load the PCG files(s) (or audition programs without loading by opening a PCG file and selecting individual programs successively via the touchscreen).

Save whatever programs/combis you may have modified (Save All if unsure) first before you load any programs/combis that may overwrite them.
luckyluca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
Check out the Triton Extreme downloads section of this web site. There are many PCG files and samples there you could try out.

From a computer, unzip them to a USB flash drive then plug the USB drive into the port in the back of your keyboard and load the PCG files(s) (or audition programs without loading by opening a PCG file and selecting individual programs successively via the touchscreen).

Save whatever programs/combis you may have modified (Save All if unsure) first before you load any programs/combis that may overwrite them.

i’m requesting this old post as was wondering, do you need to load samples from the usbkey on every boot?

Could they not be autoloaded as if they were internal if stored on the compact flash memory?

Is there any difference in having a compact flash compared to having a usbkey plugged?

Disclaimer: I don’t have a triton extreme yet Smile
thanks!
luckyluca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:

i’m resurrecting this old post as was wondering, do you need to load samples from the usbkey on every boot?

Could they not be autoloaded as if they were internal if stored on the compact flash memory?

Is there any merit in using a compact flash at all compared to just using usbkeys?

Disclaimer: I don’t have a triton extreme yet Smile
thanks!
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PGC files do not store samples. They store Programs, Combis, Global, Drum Kit, and Arpeggio data. A PGC file is relatively small - 2.2Mb to store all of this data currently in your keyboard in a single file (no user samples). Once loaded, the contents of the PGC file remain in memory across power cycles - (The same happens when you edit and write individual program or combi - those changes are saved in the keyboard and persist across power cycles.)

Most programs point to ROM without user samples. The 160Mb of ROM is always available on power-up (which takes about 13 seconds).

User samples are stored in external media within .KSF, KMP, and KSC files. They must be loaded (or some subset of them) every time you turn on the Triton Extreme if you want to use them. Custom programs will point to the multisamples loaded from those files. Loading samples that fill the 96Mb sample RAM from USB stick takes about 6 minutes.

There is no sample autoload function on the Triton. I typically will want to use a particular sampled piano, so after the keyboard starts up, I hit the MEDIA button, select the USB stick, and load the single top-level KSC file for that piano which then loads all of the required sample (.KSF) and multisample (.KMP) files. It uses 49Mb of sample RAM and takes about 3 minutes to load. The programs and combis for that sampled piano are already in keyboard memory, so I don't need to reload them from PCG file.

A compact flash usually has less storage capacity but generally loads faster than from the USB stick. But I use both, and periodically back up the contents to computer.
Tommyboy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:40 am    Post subject: loading samples Reply with quote

I just wanted to add, that I was disappointed at first with the thought of having to reload my samples at each power up (if I intended on using them that session), until I realized just how fast the Triton Extreme is at loading samples. I can load samples of an acoustic guitar in just a minute or two and be playing in no time. I love it. And it's not uncommon for any make or model of synth/sampler of this era to have to reload samples again after powering off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: