Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg i3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i3 (new - 2020 model)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: New Korg i3 Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,
Recently I listened to "Korg i3 Playing Demo" on youtube. This recording is about 5 minutes long and in the fourth minute you hear the "Waltz Musette" style (rhythm). The Korg i3 screen shows the style number 246 and the name of "Waltz Musette" style. There is no waltz style in my Korg i3 (only slow waltz 1 and Country waltz) and at number 246 there is an "Army Band" style. I would absolutely like to get this style in my instrument.
I would like to ask which application to give, e.g
Application for Korg i3 "1.5" from April 2029, or the new one from 27/07/2020 which is intended for many Korg instruments, including the Korg i3.
I also have others problems. Some sounds are playing too softly that they cannot be used. In some styles there are no four different right hand (with split) instruments in the Style Performance section, only two, three, or even four of the same Voices. For example, style number 112 has four pianos (SET 1 piano, SET 2 piano, SET 3 piano and SET 4 piano)
Can two applications be installed to the instrument (i3)?
Eg. first application 1.5 and then newer one from July 27? Will it Help?
My dealer and wholesaler do not know anything about it.
Best regards,
Jerzy
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg i3 Reply with quote

Jerzy wrote:
Dear Sirs,
Recently I listened to "Korg i3 Playing Demo" on youtube. This recording is about 5 minutes long and in the fourth minute you hear the "Waltz Musette" style (rhythm). The Korg i3 screen shows the style number 246 and the name of "Waltz Musette" style. There is no waltz style in my Korg i3 (only slow waltz 1 and Country waltz) and at number 246 there is an "Army Band" style. I would absolutely like to get this style in my instrument.
I would like to ask which application to give, e.g
Application for Korg i3 "1.5" from April 2029, or the new one from 27/07/2020 which is intended for many Korg instruments, including the Korg i3.
I also have others problems. Some sounds are playing too softly that they cannot be used. In some styles there are no four different right hand (with split) instruments in the Style Performance section, only two, three, or even four of the same Voices. For example, style number 112 has four pianos (SET 1 piano, SET 2 piano, SET 3 piano and SET 4 piano)
Can two applications be installed to the instrument (i3)?
Eg. first application 1.5 and then newer one from July 27? Will it Help?
My dealer and wholesaler do not know anything about it.
Best regards,
Jerzy

The new Korg i3 is more closely related to the EK-50 than it is any other Korg keyboard available. In fact, the i3 is basically an updated EK-50L with a different interface.

With your problems listed, I would recommend restoring the unit back to factory specs and reinstalling the update. If Korg released a new update other than 1.5, it would have a different number on the release. Even if it was an incremental update (like 1.56 or something), it would have a different number.

I would go to Korg's website, download the latest update (which at last examination, I thought was 1.5), and see what happens then. It sounds like your memory is scrambled up a bit.

I do not know what you are talking about for an update as of July 2020. The only thing that I see on their website regarding a date in July is the USB MIDI Driver release. The update for the i3 is from April 2020 and it is currently at version 1.5. They are not the same.

Updating the i3 is to be done with a USB memory stick anyway and has nothing to do with the USB MIDI driver update.

Restore the machine back to factory specs, run the 1.5 updater again and see if that takes care of your issue. If it does not, if your i3 is a new one, take it back and get another one.

I have not had a single problem with my unit at all.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Jerzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Korg i3 Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your interest in my problem and for all the information. You are absolutely right when you say that my memory is scrambled up a bit. I forgot to write about the new application on 07/27/2020:
WIN KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows 8.1 1.15r36 20/07/27 EXE: 6.3 MB
WIN KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows 10 1.15r36e 20/07/27 EXE 6.4MB.
These applications are for many Korg instruments, including i3.
I will give this Korg to the service and repair it there or I will get a new one.
I would like to ask you what kind of sounds (instruments for upper1) you have for style 112?
Do you have "Waltz Musette" or "Army Band" at style number 246?
Best regards,
Jerzy
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Korg i3 Reply with quote

Jerzy wrote:
Thank you very much for your interest in my problem and for all the information. You are absolutely right when you say that my memory is scrambled up a bit. I forgot to write about the new application on 07/27/2020:
WIN KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows 8.1 1.15r36 20/07/27 EXE: 6.3 MB
WIN KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows 10 1.15r36e 20/07/27 EXE 6.4MB.
These applications are for many Korg instruments, including i3.
I will give this Korg to the service and repair it there or I will get a new one.
I would like to ask you what kind of sounds (instruments for upper1) you have for style 112?
Best regards,
Jerzy

If I have time tomorrow (Wednesday - it is Tuesday now), I will look and see.

Since I make my own Presets/Favorites, I do not really care about the programs that are in the STS/Favorites settings. I also do not use the board in that fashion. I use it in more of a live setting without using the arranger features. I have made a number of presets for what I would use it for.

There are many of the favorites that are just piano sounds on all STS/Favorites settings. If you are referring to the Favorites (the bigger buttons on the bottom, right above the keybed), many of them are that way because they allow you to customize it the way you want. They run in categories A-H and can have 5 slots per lettered category.

There are STS buttons to the left of the display and they should have different sounds in them according to which style you are using. If memory serves, they are pretty much all different because Korg programmed these according to the style they are attached to.

Unfortunately, these STS programs cannot be changed. Only the Favorites can be changed (but you can customize the volume level, effects, etc...) for each Upper1/2/3 and Lower (including splits).

I suspect that your I3 is actually working ok, but just needs some customization Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Jerzy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Harry,
Thank you for your post. I hope you are already familiar with the new update (1.15r36e 07/20/27). What do you think, what benefits does this new update bring, especially for the Korg i3?
I have a big request for you, can you turn on the arranger section on your Korg i3 for a while and see what four instruments (SET 1-4) you have with style number 007 and style 112?
Best greetings,
Jerzy
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerzy wrote:
Hello Harry,
Thank you for your post. I hope you are already familiar with the new update (1.15r36e 07/20/27). What do you think, what benefits does this new update bring, especially for the Korg i3?
I have a big request for you, can you turn on the arranger section on your Korg i3 for a while and see what four instruments (SET 1-4) you have with style number 007 and style 112?
Best greetings,
Jerzy

Korg lists what the updates do with each update, even if it is 'back end' stuff that we may not really see as direct functionality for the keyboard. This information is on Korg's website.

To my knowledge, the latest OS for the i3 is 1.5. That is what I updated my machine to a couple of months ago.

With regard to seeing what sounds are with the two styles you are requesting, I do not even have the machine hooked up right now to see. I have been out of town doing music performances and may have time this weekend.

Like I said in my previous post, I think that you seeing piano in al of the locations, may actually be because you are looking at the Favorites instead of the STS settings for the given styles. The Favorites and the STS program settings are different from each other. The STS settings cannot be stored or changed (which is too bad). The Favorites can be modified to whatever you wish them to be.

Grace,
Harry
Backpool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg i3 Reply with quote

[quote="Jerzy"]
Best regards,
Jerzy[/quote]

I just received my i3 ....its great!!

My 246 style slot is Army Band - i am BTW on version 1.5

If you want other styles then why not load Musette etc... to user
the i3 will load PA50/80 and Microarranger styles as far as i am aware
see manual page 29

Regards

keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i3 (new - 2020 model) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: