Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Korg PA700 needs 2 Jack to connect to PA system?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyboardist2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Does Korg PA700 needs 2 Jack to connect to PA system? Reply with quote

Hello, i recently bought the Korg PA700 and waiting it to arrive at my place, i'm just wondering 1 thing about the keyboard.

The thing i wonder is the audio out at the back of the keyboard, it only shows left and right. Do i need 2 Jack to connect to a PA System to make it stereo? or it can be toggle inside the keyboard?

I have read the manual of the keyboard that is found at the internet. But i still dont understand Question . So please if anyone can explain to me about how to connect the keyboard to a PA system, it will be very helpful to me Smile
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the left or right output for mono.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your PA system is stereo you need to use 2 jacks.
If its mono use the Left output. (Left by convention will sum the two signals to a mono mix of both channels provided R is not plugged in). R only gives you the right channel.
keyboardist2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo incase, if i only have 1 jack during a live event, and the PA system is stereo, what should i do?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyboardist2000 wrote:
Soo incase, if i only have 1 jack during a live event, and the PA system is stereo, what should i do?

It sounds like there are a couple of different things here...

When running into a mono input (to a mixer or whatever), usually running the signal out of the Left jack will sum both channels to mono. Some keyboards specifically state on the jack labels which one will be for mono. The PA700 does not have this designation. Some people also just use the right output because it lessens the bass sounds for piano sounds and makes them less muddy.

If I have to run mono when using my PA700, I normally just use the Left jack.

Your comment above states that you have a jack (assuming a cable) and a stereo PA system. Is the board just out of inputs that causes you not to run in stereo? If so, see if there is another channel that could work in mono and make your inputs stereo. If you have a stereo input on the mixer (like an 1/8" jack for an MP3 player or something), you could buy a 1/4" Stereo to 1/8" Stereo cable and then you would be in stereo on the mixer. You may also be able to use the Tape input if the mixer has one. They are usually RCA jacks and getting a dual 1/4" to RCA cable (two jacks on each side) would also work, but the sound person would know that they need to raise the tape level to the mains to increase your volume.

Another question... Are you using another keyboard in addition to the PA700? If so, you can plug that other keyboard into the stereo inputs on the PA700, allowing you to run both signals (the external board and the PA700 itself) from the PA700.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: