Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot authorize after format + full install

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athena Music Studio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject: Cannot authorize after format + full install Reply with quote

Hi to everyone.

A friend of mine gave me his kronos considered as "bricked".

Kronos 1 88.

In short : the mainboard has burned. He replaced with a new one bought from Korg (Intel D510). The SSD seems not original also, as it's a Kingston SSD 128gb.

When i got it, the keyboard was not booting, displaying a "19, keybed" error (file system corrupt...)

I did a full format + install on another SSD (the same Kingston 128gb) i had in spare in a drawer, because i wanted to keep his SSD intact, just in case.

After many aborted trials with Kronos V3 DVD, i managed to finish the full install with V2.0.2 DVD.

But when it came the authorization process, the problems started again.

I re-registered the Kronos via korg.com, with the Public ID displayed on the keybed, the serial number, etc etc.

I got a .reauth file i downloaded and put on a freshly fat32 formatted USB stick.

The synth says "authorization file found" then "success" but after reboot, i'm back to the authorization screen ever and ever.

I don't understand the problem. My .reauth file is sized 80bytes, it seems really little... i wonder if the authrozation process on korg.com is faulty and give corrupted .reauth file ?

Anyway, i need help to bring this keyboard back working. So, thanks in advance for your answers Smile

(sorry if i made mistakes in english, i'm french native...)
Athena Music Studio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, due to an internet connection error. Admins, you can remove this one, thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: