Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kronos sound pack question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
josellopx86

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: New Kronos sound pack question Reply with quote

hello, sorry for my bad english, the new kronos sound expansion is worth it for my Kx, I'm thinking of selling it and buying the K2, but I understand it would be the same with the expansion, it should be noted that I format it with the K2 dvd
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "New KRONOS Sound Pack" includes the following new KRONOS Sound Libraries, as featured in the new KRONOS:

• EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
• EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
• KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0

The ”New KRONOS Sound Pack" adds these fresh new sounds to the KRONOS and KRONOS X.

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2015/0129/
https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries

• EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
Contents: Approximately 8.6GB of PCM samples, 16 Piano Types.

One of the three great pianos of the world, this legendary instrument from Berlin has been captured for the SGX‐2 sound engine. The KRONOS piano engine has always offered huge collections of non-looped/natural decay stereo samples, recorded for every key, with additional unique tools to customize the piano to your needs. Inheriting all of this SGX-1 functionality, the new enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano engine introduces the new Berlin Grand Piano, including 12 velocity zones, Sympathetic String Resonance and newly-recorded Una Corda (soft pedal - literally "one-string")
The EXs17 Berlin Grand Piano offers resonant piano sound with striking sense of depth.

• EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
Contents: Approximately 900MB of PCM samples, 93 Multisamples (42 stereo)

EXs18 contains a selection of string, choir and brass sounds from the three KORG EXs titles listed below.
・ EXs11 Legendary Strings
・ EXs15 Classical and Ambient Choir
・ EXs16 Funk and Soul Brass

• KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0
Contents: 256 Programs, 32 Combinations, 13 Wavesequences, 1 Set List

KRS-07 provides new Programs which use the samples from EXs17 and EXs18. Additional Song Programs are named for the classic rock and pop songs whose signature keyboard sounds these programs recreate. Use these universally well-known sounds to pay homage to the originals, or as the basis for personal sonic explorations.

EXs17 and EXs18 demo versions and authorization codes
As always, you can download and try out all EXs libraries for free. Initially, they will work in demo mode. You'll be able to play, edit, and save Programs, Combis, Wave Sequences, and Songs which use the new samples - but until you purchase an authorization code, their sound will fade out periodically. To purchase an authorization code, go to the online shop at https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries. Once the "New KRONOS Sound Pack" purchased, entering the authorization code into the KRONOS removes the audio limitations of demo mode - no additional downloads required.

KRS-07 is available for download only after purchasing the “New KRONOS Sound Pack.” Pre-purchase demo mode is not available for KRS-07.

We hope that you enjoy these additions to the KRONOS as much as we enjoyed creating them!

Best regards,
KORG
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind, the above announcement is not " new "

Its almost 6 years old.

So you have many choices since then.

When this " new sound pack ' arrived , it was great for existing Kronos owners.
It brought our 2011 - 2014 K's into a K2 perfect sound a like.

And it was a no brainer , at that time, to buy the SoundPack vs buying a new K2.

So , if I were you, I would carefully analyze the pro's and con's.

I hesitate to give 'opinions ', today, since I don't know your requirements or your music plans for the next year, or the next 5 years.
josellopx86

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Keep in mind, the above announcement is not " new "

Its almost 6 years old.

So you have many choices since then.

When this " new sound pack ' arrived , it was great for existing Kronos owners.
It brought our 2011 - 2014 K's into a K2 perfect sound a like.

And it was a no brainer , at that time, to buy the SoundPack vs buying a new K2.

So , if I were you, I would carefully analyze the pro's and con's.

I hesitate to give 'opinions ', today, since I don't know your requirements or your music plans for the next year, or the next 5 years.

The question is why I bought my Kronos X 2 weeks ago, so I wonder how important it will be to have these new sounds, since with the demo I can not appreciate the sounds 100%, greetings
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know many are casual with their music.

I am serious about music production, have goals, plans, etc.

Kronos is a long term purchase, involves lots of study and time.

I think its better to dive into the details, think thru it, make plans, have goals.
But this is strictly my approach.
pete.m

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you only bought your Kronos X two weeks ago, then I think you should stick with it - for at least a year, perhaps - in order to get to know it properly. After that time, you will probably find that the Kronos X gives you all you need.

Having owned a Kronos X for nearly ten years, I know that it would be a waste of money for me to change it for a Kronos 2. I have been able to add different, and more interesting, sounds (including good pianos) to my Kronos X by buying some of the EXs libraries. I now have far more sounds that I need.
Sweat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kronos sound pack question Reply with quote

josellopx86 wrote:
hello, sorry for my bad english, the new kronos sound expansion is worth it for my Kx, I'm thinking of selling it and buying the K2, but I understand it would be the same with the expansion, it should be noted that I format it with the K2 dvd

Just to clarify, are you saying that have formatted your KX by installing a K2 dvd?
yeskeys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how they say "One of the three great pianos of the world."

Like Korg is inferring that, because they sampled that specific piano, it automatically has transferred all the nuance and finesse as is possible from the original directly into your Kronos.
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
I love how they say "One of the three great pianos of the world."

Like Korg is inferring that, because they sampled that specific piano, it automatically has transferred all the nuance and finesse as is possible from the original directly into your Kronos.

It's very likely that Korg here was rather referring to the so-called "three big B" manufacturers of grand pianos : Bechstein, Bösendorfer and Blüthner, a common reference until the beginning of WWII, as they were considered the very top of grand piano sound quality and design.

About correctly transferring the character of sampled grand pianos, since I often played real acoustic grands from most manufacturers, I can tell you Korg indeed did a very good job, as certain well-known traits are obvious when you play the German/Steinway (a subtle loss of power and clarity around the 5th "killer" octave), Berlin/Bechstein (very powerful while somewhat darker in nature) and Italian/Fazioli (very "in your face" sound with great clarity).
josellopx86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: New Kronos sound pack question Reply with quote

Sweat wrote:
josellopx86 wrote:

Just to clarify, are you saying that have formatted your KX by installing a K2 dvd?

Yes, use Kronos 2 dvd format
yeskeys

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like an asshole the minute I sent that comment. I apologize, we all know the limitations of sampling. It's good to know Korg has a crack team on it.
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
Sweat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: New Kronos sound pack question Reply with quote

josellopx86 wrote:
Sweat wrote:
josellopx86 wrote:

So if you can verify that you now have EXs17 Berlin Piano, and EXs18 installed on your KX, then you should have all sounds that would be included with a K2. No need for the new kronos expansion pack.
josellopx86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kronos sound pack question Reply with quote

Sweat wrote:
josellopx86 wrote:
Sweat wrote:
josellopx86 wrote:

So if you can verify that you now have EXs17 Berlin Piano, and EXs18 installed on your KX, then you should have all sounds that would be included with a K2. No need for the new kronos expansion pack.

yes, in demo mode, but I can't really appreciate the nuances of the sounds, so my query, is this pack really worth it? because I have read that the Italian piano is incredible
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kronos sound pack question Reply with quote

[quote="josellopx86"][quote="Sweat"][quote="josellopx86"]
Sweat wrote:
[quote="j

yes, in demo mode, but I can't really appreciate the nuances of the sounds, so my query, is this pack really worth it? because I have read that the Italian piano is incredible

if you want opinion, and really like brass and orchestra type strings, the EXS18
is excellent. A substantial improvement over factory stuff.

Its up to you if you want pop cover stuff on KRS 07
josellopx86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kronos sound pack question Reply with quote

[quote="GregC"][quote="josellopx86"][quote="Sweat"]
josellopx86 wrote:
Sweat wrote:
[quote="j

if you want opinion, and really like brass and orchestra type strings, the EXS18
is excellent. A substantial improvement over factory stuff.

Its up to you if you want pop cover stuff on KRS 07

Thank you, that's what I was looking for, I had not formulated the question well, I am from Chile and I do Latin music, Pop Rock and I am looking for timbres for those styles, I was working on the Japanesse B Piano and I really like it, but I am looking for something more Motif style than It is the trend in the musical esteem that I develop, I will see the subject well since my last resort would be to buy a Motif sample library, but it is not the idea, greetings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: