Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I "print" a Karma track to each of the 16 trac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeskeys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Can I "print" a Karma track to each of the 16 trac Reply with quote

Using the Sequencer, can I set up a sequence where I record one track at a time, but set up a completely different Karma single scene for each of the 16 tracks? Basically writing all the Karma output for each track and "hardcode" the Karma scenes, slider changes, 8 scenes and other changes as I record each track?

Come to think of it, could I save 4 of the tracks so that they are interactive in the normal way?

I have been away from the sequencer for a while and we could sure use a book in addition to the documentation the unit ships with.

thanks.
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need modules for Karma. They are called A, B, C, D

Apply the GE's to 1 to 4 programs[not 16] in the modules. The GE's have categories.

Thats how I understand it. Stephen can better clarify.
yeskeys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you misunderstood my question. Here's an analogy:
You have a 16 track tape recorder, but you only have one mono fx unit. You want to apply a different and unique effect to each track on the tape. To do so, you must record each track individually using unique settings on your fx unit and you must record each track independently of all others. You are printing your tape track with the fx as an integral part of that track. You can't change the effect or the performance other than repeating the process for any tracks deemed insufficient.

Now, - same thing with the Kronos. You want to record seq 16 tracks each with a unique Program, Karma GE and GE setting. (Let's ignore the fact that you can run 4 GE's and the tracks are stereo for the sake of discussion)

I know it's not forward thinking, but say I want to record this way. Can I record each sequencer track using a Program and an associated GE, while making any Karma tweaks in real time as I record? I think getting a handle on this process will speed up my current process as well as help me get on the Kronos sequencer train as it is intented to be used.
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I follow you

I would really like to have 16 tracks with full blown Karma in SEQ.

it would be f'g awesome to have that in Native Karma

Thinking of a workaround-In SEQ- simply have 4 Songs, 000, 001, 002, 003

Copy various Karma program tracks from 001, 002, 003 into 000

My original thinking was that having 'only ' 4 modules is the limiting factor.

Haven't tried the idea.

Lets wait for Stephen.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to do this. What gets recorded to the MIDI track is Karma's output (notes, CCs, pitch bend, etc). So once you’ve recorded track 1 using Karma module A, you should be able to free it up and point the output of Karma module A to track 2, switch the GE, etc. and record the next pass on track 2.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
You should be able to do this. What gets recorded to the MIDI track is Karma's output (notes, CCs, pitch bend, etc). So once you’ve recorded track 1 using Karma module A, you should be able to free it up and point the output of Karma module A to track 2, switch the GE, etc. and record the next pass on track 2.

Correct. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: