Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PERFECT Kronos Keytar!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit offtopic, but for those interested using a keytar but don't want spending much:

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Wireless-Keyboard-Xbox-360/dp/B003RS19N4

Positive: MIDI out, full size keys, octave up/down button (but hard to use during play), very cheap (around $30).

Negative: 'ribbon controller' quite unusable, strap too loose, most buttons not useful (e.g. program change).

But for $30, you cannot expect too much. I use it during a few songs so I can stand next to the guitarists (with about 6m MIDI cable), and sometimes one of the singers use it to play some effects so I have both hands free.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
studio429

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the wired version last year (had I known there was a wireless version coming I'd have waited). Brilliant at what it does, the accelerometer annoys me sometimes (moreso on a small gig when I use it with my Triton Extreme than a larger gig with the Kronos) but for the money it's great. I've got the Alesis padded case for it too which is good. I don't use it extensively, but it's nice for coming out front to play sometimes!
tomto66

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested: after a couple of nights of trial & error I now have the following working:
- setup in which the Vortex pads function like the Kronos pads (triggering chords). The param guide is very confusing - at first read it seems to imply that only Korg products like the Nanopad can trigger Kronos pad but I got it working
- setup in which the vortex pads trigger Karma scenes. I can't make the start/stop button start or stop Karma, but I managed to get one of the knobs to do this.

Both setups involve setup @ Vortex as well as Kronos - if anyone interested I can publish instructions.
kronos2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Vortex is in FedEx truck, I used a Kronos2 and will be nice if you post the steps to patch the pads panel on the Vortex and using this like the NanoPads.

Thank you in advance
kronos2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW...i just received my Vortex wireless Keytar, Plug and Play with the Kronos
But I need HELP....I programmed the Keyboard Zone (Lower) Midi Channel 1 and (Upper) to Midi Channel 2, volume control in the Keytar in midi channel 1 working but when changed to midi channel 2 (upper key) Sound loud but Volume Control is not working..sound like is in the 127 value, I can see the values moving from 127 - 0 in the Keytar's Display but the Kronos don't accept the volume change from this channel....I tried from Channel 2 thru 16 same problem...How can I fix this ?
Thanks
jetrocker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, old topic but wanted to clarify. I have a kronos 1. I'm seeing here that it's possible to simply plug the Alesis wireless dongle into the USB port of the Kronos and have a wireless midi connection? I was under the impression that the wireless dongle only worked if plugged into a computer. Sounds like I'm wrong?
Perilous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetrocker wrote:
Sorry, old topic but wanted to clarify. I have a kronos 1. I'm seeing here that it's possible to simply plug the Alesis wireless dongle into the USB port of the Kronos and have a wireless midi connection? I was under the impression that the wireless dongle only worked if plugged into a computer. Sounds like I'm wrong?

Yes, the USB wireless dongle works with the Kronos. Plug and play--at least confirmed with the Kronos 2. The Vortex Wireless version 1 and 2 should also work with the MicroKey! Pretty nifty.
jetrocker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. Thanks!
six_feet_under

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got frustrated waiting for Manufacturers, and converted my own Kross1 into a keytar. This keytar has 5 octaves of full size keys, with multiple splits, battery powered, under 10lbs, and one of the coolest looking KROG's ever made. https://youtu.be/I7YHznSAEYY

IMHO, Keytars would be sooooooo much better without wasting the player's left hand on a stupid simulated guitar neck. Let us be keys players and stop trying to simulate a guitar!

Moreover, I believe that any manufacturer selling synths under 10 lbs should include guitar strap posts (either optional attachments, or hidden under a flap, or pop-ups). They could sell the same unit to two markets: workstations and keytars. Easy money for them!
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to drag this thread up again, trying to get an old Vortex wireless 1 to work via wireless with my ls88, everything fine apart from the ribbon controller, which I can't seem to get to send data to the Kronos. I suspect I am doing something simple incorrectly, anyone enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: