Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dumb question - where are the HD-1 piano programs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrvegas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject: Dumb question - where are the HD-1 piano programs? Reply with quote

I understand the Berlin Grand, etc belong to the "deluxe" family of piano sounds and that there are some that use the HD-1 sound engine. Where are those pianos?

I heard you cannot edit the "attack" of the deluxe family but you can edit the attack on the looped HD-1 sounds. I want to edit some of the stock sounds to make them much softer and ethereal with lots of reverb for some atmospheric music I'm playing these days.
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking the Voice Name List, if you're running the most current version on a K2, the following banks are HD-1 by default:

INT-B
    USER-C
    USER-D
    USER-E
    USER-F
    USER-AA
    USER-BB

Look through those banks and you will find the HD-1 piano Programs.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be in Internal Bank B, starting with HD-1 Piano Damper. You can also find it in the FACTORY folder. I believe the base ROM piano is based on the 130 meg piano, which is derived from a larger piano. There are also piano multisamples in EXs 1, and EXs 4 Vinage Keyboards, if you feel like changing them up.

The larger 500 meg piano is in FACTORY - EXs_Extras - EXs2 Concert Grand. You will see KSC and PCG files for it. You can simply add the KSC to GLOBAL - KSC Auto-Load and set it for Virtual streaming, so it doesn't take up much space.

For the record, I turned off the 4 gig pianos (Berlin, Japanese) in KSC Auto-load, so I could load a larger amount of 3rd party sounds. I use the ROM pianos.

EDIT: I see Tunaman posted just before I did.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Dumb question - where are the HD-1 piano programs? Reply with quote

mrvegas wrote:
I heard you cannot edit the "attack" of the deluxe family but you can edit the attack on the looped HD-1 sounds. I want to edit some of the stock sounds to make them much softer and ethereal with lots of reverb for some atmospheric music I'm playing these days.

The Kronos is very versatile. Any sound can be edited extensively, including all the acoustic pianos. If you use a PC, the TidyKronos freeware can tell you which programs use which samples, etc.

All acoustic pianos used in the SGX-2 engine can be used in HD-1 as well. The HD-1 engine offers different ways to edit the pianos (or any other sound) compared to the SGX-2, but it doesn't offer modeled complements like soundboard resonance and so on. So there are pros and cons with both engines depending what you want to do.

To modify the attack of any sound, work in HD-1. Simply choose the sampled piano sound as oscillator(s), etc. All pianos are available in HD-1, from the small-sized cheap sounding ones to the big 12+ GB ones like the Berlin/Bechstein and new Italian/Fazioli.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: