Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi sends, program changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dcalce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Midi sends, program changes Reply with quote

When I change styles the keyboard sends a midi message to my TC Helicon Perform VK which changes my Reverb and Echo settings. I need the midi chord messages sent in order to tell the harmonizer to know which harmonies to use. Is there a way to identify and turn off the midi channels sending all other messages.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Midi sends, program changes Reply with quote

Dcalce wrote:
When I change styles the keyboard sends a midi message to my TC Helicon Perform VK which changes my Reverb and Echo settings. I need the midi chord messages sent in order to tell the harmonizer to know which harmonies to use. Is there a way to identify and turn off the midi channels sending all other messages.

If you have the PA700, you may want to consult Pages 840 and 841 of the manual. It talks about the Global Channel and how it works.

I am not sure if there is a specific channel for the Chord recognition or not. I know that there is on another arranger from another brand that I have.

Your question is a good one, because I have the Perform VK as well and would like for it to get the chord info from the PA700 during the playing of styles as well.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you need to use midi out filters. These are the ones I use on my Pa3x to stop unwanted midi messages affecting external sounds.
Picture here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQO0d-vutMSCNvtB9cK_JHRGmeTTjBVD/view?usp=sharing
There are plenty of options so you should be able to find the correct filters with a bit of experimentation.
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you put a particular styles with all the settings in a Songbook Number ( with all the harmonize/effects settings for that particular song), you can send it.
The control messages for songbook #1 is
NRPN MSD = 2
NRPN LSD = 64
Data entry MSB = 0
Data entry LSB = 1 (which is songbook #) SONGBOOK NUMBER 2 WOULD BE =2, ETC.
this is what the songbook numbers are sending.
Dawnbell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both PA700 and Perform VK. Finally, someone has the same setup as mine. Yay!! Very Happy Very Happy

I suppose you are using the 5-pin Midi cable to connect PA700 and VK. On VK, press and hold the "Set" button when you power up the VK. By doing this, only midi note information is transferred from PA700 to VK. Hope this helps.

In VK User Manual it says: "To block incoming CC and PC messages, hold the Set button while powering on. Note data will still be accepted in this state."

Self-taught keyboard newbie. Humbled and grateful for this forum. Korg PA700 + TC Helicon Perform-VK
Dawnbell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi sends, program changes Reply with quote

[quote="Musicwithharry"]
Dcalce wrote:

I am not sure if there is a specific channel for the Chord recognition or not. I know that there is on another arranger from another brand that I have.

Grace,
Harry

I use the "Lower" sound on PA700 to send midi notes information to VK. And it turned out only on channel 4, VK's midi indication light goes on (the "Set" button light up with a orange color". I tried other channels, none of them light up the light.

Self-taught keyboard newbie. Humbled and grateful for this forum. Korg PA700 + TC Helicon Perform-VK
Dcalce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for so late a response but I upgraded again to thePA-4x so I never looked for the replies. Thank you all anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: