Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXS Library authorisation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimiki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject: EXS Library authorisation Reply with quote

I bought EXS 15 library a month ago when I ordered my Kronos 2 from Japan. While the EXS 15 purchase was immediate, I was given the authorisation code immediately, showed up on my "My Kronos" Page. I kept a screen shot for back up.

My KB arrived late due to COVID delays.

I installed the EXS15 and tried to authorise the purchase. The authorisation failed by not accepting the auth. code.

I wrote to Korg....

But Any Sifu can explain me why this is happening for a genuine purchase? Does the auth codes expire ?
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXS library authorization codes are tied to your physical instrument Public ID and cannot be used with any other Kronos that purchased and tied to.
If you bought EXS before you even had KB you need first to register your KB at kronos.com with you KB Public ID and then you should receive new auth code related to your KB.
jimiki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alland wrote:
EXS library authorization codes are tied to your physical instrument Public ID and cannot be used with any other Kronos that purchased and tied to.
If you bought EXS before you even had KB you need first to register your KB at kronos.com with you KB Public ID and then you should receive new auth code related to your KB.

What should I do in this case? Whom should I write to?

I wrote to Korg and they direct me to local distributor. This is a software authorisation issue and not hardware issue where local distributor can't support.

All I need is a new auth code 😔😔🤔
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Did you register your new Kronos in shop.kronos.com? If so, do you see your auth code under registered product? Or under some other Kronos?
2) If auth code (you bought before "this Kronos") tied to any other Kronos you may have registered at Korg site earlier, then Korg Support (or where ever they direct you - local dealer etc) is right place to sort out transferring Autho code from one instrument to another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: