Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuilding a Combi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfiebear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject: Rebuilding a Combi Reply with quote

Would somebody be kind enough to post a picture of the screen for the main settings of Combi HARP STRINGS AGE NOUVEAU

It’s D095 Guitar/Plucked.[/b]
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it’s a stock Combi, you should be able to reload it from the PCG located in the Factory directory on the hard drive.

You’re aware that you can open PCG files on your Kronos in Disk mode and drill into the Programs/Combinations/Setlists/etc and load the individual elements?
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just confirmed that your Combi is present in the Preload.PCG in my Factory directory, so you should also have it available.
Wolfiebear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much !!!
I sure wasn’t aware of this and I don’t know what PCG stands for but I will go poke around on the hard disk till I figure it out.

I was a pianist first and not all that versed in digital keyboards… never even figured out how to do a back ups or recording on the Kronos, truth be told ....

Is there a more in-depth book somewhere on some of the ins and outs or do we just have to plod our way through forums and figure it out?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfiebear wrote:

Is there a more in-depth book somewhere on some of the ins and outs or do we just have to plod our way through forums and figure it out?

1. Read through the entire Kronos Quick Start Guide.

2. Open the Operation Guide and study the Table of Contents.
The Operation Guide is intended as the “this is how it works” guide. Understanding the Table of Contents can help you understand the structure, so you can read sections in which you are interested.

3. Open the Parameter Guide and study the Table of Contents. The Parameter Guide give fine detail to every screen, parameter and associated values.

Finally, Korg created a number of tutorial videos about the Kronos. Use the link below and scroll to the bottom:
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/424/

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I presumed that you were more familiar with the basics. I'll give you some invaluable resources in a minute.

PCG is a file type which the Kronos uses - PCG stands for Program, Combination and Global and they contain data as indicated, as well as Set Lists, Wave Sequences, Drum Kits, and user Drum Track patterns. PCG files use the file extension .pcg, conveniently enough Smile

In Disk mode, you can browse the hard drive contents and should be able to locate a directory called FACTORY.

Highlight the directory and tap Open - you will then see several files and subdirectories.

You should be able to find a file named PRELOAD.PCG - highlight that file and tap Open.

You will then see the following:

Set Lists
    Programs
    Combinations
    DrumKits
    WaveSequences
    Global Setting

Highlight Combinations and tap Open.

You will see bank references, which appear like directories, for I-A through I-D - those are the default combinations present.

Highlight Bank I-D and tap Open.

You will now see the Combinations listed in numerical order. Scroll down until you locate the missing Combi, tap to highlight it and then tap Load.

A dialog box will appear to allow you to load it to the default location, or select an alternate location should you wish to redirect it. Tap Ok to load the Combi to the default bank location.

Here are crucial resources for you:

First, pull down the Getting Started guide and read it in its entirety - this will give you the foundational knowledge required:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/2012/

Then pull down the Operation and Parameter guides, as you will likely refer to them often as you work through learning, exploring and modifying your Kronos:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/2010/
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/2011/

While you're there, browse through the rest of the downloads as there are many items of interest that you should be aware of, and may want or need later:

https://www.korg.com/tmp/support/download/index.php/product/0/424/?country=us&page=product&prodtype=0&prodid=424

Be sure to read the sticky posts at the top of this forum, as there are many great resources listed which will help to make your life, and your Kronos experience, much better.

Enjoy!
Wolfiebear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the sound with much ease and loaded it right up.
I just didn’t even know it was stored on the drive.

I’ve been playing quite well by the seat of my pants but there’s lots of gaps I have to fill in.
Thanks for all your various pointers Laughing
tunaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that worked out for you.

IF you start making modifications or creating custom elements, you will definitely want to familiarize yourself with the Save functions in Disk mode - I can't stress that strongly enough.

You will want to establish a backup strategy - I'd recommend being sure to do a Save All in a unique directory structure prior to making any significant changes; perform frequent Save PCG operations every time you make those changes, be sure to remember to write the Programs/Combinations/Set Lists/etc as you make the changes, and save the PCG before shutting the Kronos off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: