Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USING HEADPHONES WITH KORG KRONOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbyrd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: USING HEADPHONES WITH KORG KRONOS Reply with quote

HI!

This is a very basic question because I am a very basic user of a Korg Kronos Workstation. I purchased some nice Audiotechnica headphones to use with my Kronos. You know, I would like to have the piano track I have recorded playing in my headphones as I record some vocal tracks. That way, the piano track is not on separate vocal tracks. My problem is I can't get the headphones to work properly. Whenever I plug them into the headphone jack, the keyboard is not muted. I still hear it. Do I need another brand of headphones? Does anybody know why I'm having this problem?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question might be better posted under the Kronos section of the forum.

Plugging headphones into the Kronos doesn't mute the Audio Outs on the rear panel. This is expected behaviour for the Kronos and other high end keyboards, and is there to allow the player to monitor the Kronos' sounds, independently of what the PA / mixing desk is doing with the audio. The headphone output carries the same signal as the main L/R Outputs, and the Main Volume control affects both sets of outputs.

Are you using the Kronos' Sequencer to record your vocals?

Redbyrd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: USING HEADPHONES WITH KORG KRONOS Reply with quote

I am not savvy enough to record vocals with the Kronos.
I am using Audacity to record vocals via MacBook Pro.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos' audio recording capability is actually quite good. If you load the example songs (the Kronos Quick Start Guide details the required steps on page 27), there is a song "Bom Bodom" worth listening to, to get an idea of what's possible.

To mute the Kronos' audio through external speakers, either turn the speaker amplifier down, or power it off, or disconnect the audio cables from the Audio Outs. The cables can be left partially inserted in the jack sockets to ease reconnection, provided this does not cause excessive hum in the speakers. I use a small mixer in a rack just behind the Kronos. The mixer has very useful mute buttons on each pair of inputs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: