Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tatsuya Takahashi/Max Rest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject: Tatsuya Takahashi/Max Rest Reply with quote

I've halfheartedly followed what Tatsuya Takahashi has been doing on his blog over the last 6mths, but some how missed that is is the CEO of Korg Germany now. It wasn't until was looking for a manual for the Polygogo on E-RM's site that I read about how he designed the interface for the module and also how he and Maximilian Rest (E-RM main man) are, from April this year, running Korg Germany. After seeing what Takashi does in his spare time, and seeing how Max Rest decided to make a synth based on a nut-job conspiracy theory about the universe running of polygonally generated wave forms*, I am very interested to see what the two will get upto with their own big-name synthesiser development company.

It's still early days for the pair, but there is a nice "mission statement" on the front page of the site:

https://korg-germany.de/ wrote:
KORG Germany is the new Berlin subsidiary of KORG Inc.

Our focus is on musical instruments that need to exist. With so much out there, it’s easy to fall into a false sense of infinite choice and abundance. But we are, after all, fleeting beings who are afforded limited time on this planet.

Our aim is to build, develop and manufacture instruments that will make a difference during our time here. Those that will help the transition to a new awareness. Those that need to exist. Our instruments will be developed not only by the core team we are building, but also through per project partnerships and collaborations.

We are the flux, and the fabric it passes through.

TATSUYA TAKAHASHI
CEO

I does also state that job applications have closed (sorry to any German forum members for not finding out about this earlier Wink ) so I'm thinking it'll not be too long before the first rumblings come out of Berlin!

*I bought one after seeing these demos: https://vimeo.com/335211828 https://youtu.be/rSq-aEEQFmA I'm a sucker for someone who reads a conspiracy theory and thinks "I wonder how I can make that into a synth?"
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: