Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa500 : error loading OS package!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faba

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: pa500 : error loading OS package!!!!! Reply with quote

hi dear all
after having many corrupted files ..i powered on my pa500 holding intro3 and formatted nand upon advice from some old player.. now when i connect to usb i find storage completely empty.
problem that when i unzip the firmware (1.19all) to SD card and try to load OS again.. immediately it reply with"error loading OS package file" spit its all ok . i feel that it cant detect the card drive at all
i tried a lot of ways but in vain..any ideas???????
some expert friend said you need a damp file and reprogram by ALL11 programmer ...but i heard that there is a file (flasher.dat) that can be installed by test menu or by USB connect..
and body have any helpful file or some way to recover my operating system
(now when i power it on it says: no OS .... USB enabled)
thanks in advance
FADI
charlie67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The information for resetting the korg pa500 is available on YouTube and Dailymotion. On YouTube, search for “korg pa500 pictures”, posted by seaboss67. On Dailymotion, search for korg pa500 pictures, posted by bingo_73. This information was provided by Korg UK and is correct for the standard pa500. It should also work for other pa500 models.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Pa500 reformatting Reply with quote

if you've made so like charly67 recommended, first of all NAND is to reformat.

As you mentioned after formatting NAND it is necessary to load OS. as you got message "error loading OS package file" i think there is something bad with your SD-card.

maybe you formatted it with computer and not with your Pa500. try to format a SD-card with less then 2GB in your Pa500 and not on computer and then copy an unzipped OS to that SD-card.

If you can not format SD-card on your Pa500 try to find somebody to format a SD-card in his Pa500 before you do the rest of the steps for a running system.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Noer Rochmandow

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've passed pa500 format remains elusive. . writing out error loading os package. . what should I do. whether the sd card is damaged? how do I check the sd card, and asked for an explanation, thx
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: pa500 sd-card Reply with quote

if you want to laod an OS it is better to use a SD-card formatted on your keyboard not on your PC. if formatted on a different device, sometimes it may not work correctly with Pa500.

only use unpacked OS and also upacked musical-resources, which you have unzipped/unpacked with an unzip-tool on your computer. copy this unpacked files from your computer to SD-card and avoid to use an unzip-tool for combinded unpacking-copying from computer to SD-card.

if it is impossible to format SD-card on your Pa500 it seems to be blocked by loading corrupted files. in this case it is necessary to format NAND-flash with the procedure described in that thread from charly67.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
volldy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: korg pa500 Reply with quote

I have korg PA500 keyboard and I love it. But this morning I switched it on and there was distortion in every sound, every output.
I tried to Format/Reset it by putting the right files from korg website (pa500all.pkg 41,376KB) via SD card. But while updating, the keyboard gives error message 'Update not allowed, The selected package is not compatible with this instrument'.

Please help me how to resolve this, many thanks.

see pic of the keyboard message at:

http://s27.postimg.org/lvck7a8pv/Untitled.jpg
http://s9.postimg.org/g3g7yfo0f/Untitled2.jpg
K W Austin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem posted on another thread, but I haven't had any answer yet. I have a PA500 with no OS - how do I format the SD card with no OS in the keyboard? Any hlep is gratefully received! Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Pa500 OS installation Reply with quote

K W Austin wrote:
.. I have a PA500 with no OS - how do I format the SD card with no OS in the keyboard? ..

To install an OS for Pa500 download Pa500_os_v119.zip (file size 4.636 KB). If you unzip this file you will find "Pa500ALL.pkg" with 4.945 KB and an instruction-file (Pa500 Loading OS and Resources.pdf).

Use a simple SD-Card (no SDHC, no SDXC card) with 500MB, 1GB or 2B and format it (system FAT) with your personal computer (built-in connector or USB-card-reader/writer).

Pa500ALL.pkg is your Operating System - copy it to the root of your SD card and load it as described in "Pa500 Loading OS and Resources":

- turn the Pa500 off, and insert the SD card into the SD drive of the Pa500
- turn the Pa500 on, while keeping the INTRO 1 button pressed
- the file begins to be loaded, and the “Loading package…” message appears on the display. After some seconds, a progress bar will show the loading advancement.

At this point if you get error loading messages something is wrong with your file (Pa500All.pkg) or it can not be found on root of your SD-card (maybe write-protected before copy) - else your Pa500 is damaged.

If you get the progress bar with "Updating System" message, do not not power the instrument off, or remove the SD card , while this procedure is running!

- at the end of this procedure you get a message that asks you to restart the instrument.
- turn the instrument off an then on again
At this point your Operating System is installed - now it is necessary to install available Musical Resource files that are contained into the “Pa500_res_v119.zip” file (5.717 KB).
Download and unzip this file and you obtain the resource file "Pa500_res_v119.bkp" (5.975 KB).

Copy "Pa500_res_v119.bkp" to your SD-card and insert card into Pa500 (also can be done to a SD card inserted into internal SD Drive of Pa500 by using the USB port to connect Pa500 to a personal computer)

To load resources of Pa500_res_v119.bkp use the Media > Utility > Full Restore Resources command and press Execute.
Browse through the files on your SD card to find Pa500_res_v119.bkp, select ist and press the Restore command.

When done, turn the instrument off, then on again.

PS: Factory Reset
When it appears ‘frozen’ due to memory corruption or loading of incompatible data the operation "Factory Reset" is needed.

As described with unzipping "Pa500_os_v119.zip" you get a file "Pa500ALL.pkg" with 4.945 KB to be used for OS-installation.

If you download/unzip "Pa500_Factory_Reset_v119.zip" you get another file "Pa500ALL.pkg" with 41.376 KB to be used for Factory Reset / SSD Format procedure:
- copy unzipped Pa500ALL.pkg to the root (main level) of an SD card
- if it is on, turn Pa500 off and insert the SD card into its SD drive
- turn on Pa500 while keeping the INTRO 3 button pressed
- “SSD Format…” message will appear
- press the MEDIA button to start the Factory Reset procedure
- when SSD-formatting ends loading of the “Pa500ALL.pkg” system file will start automatically
- “Loading package…” message appears on the display
- after some seconds a progress bar will show the loading advancement.
- at the end of the procedure, a message asks you to restart the instrument
- turn the instrument off then on again.

K W Austin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again!

Thanks for your reply.

I have loaded the OS successfully, but regret I now cannot load the musical resources file. I've followed the instructions, but when I load the files a message tells me "There is not enough space".
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject: Pa500 OS installation Reply with quote

K W Austin wrote:
.. loaded the OS successfully, but regret I now cannot load the musical resources file. I've followed the instructions, but when I load the files a message tells me "There is not enough space".

Nice to hear that loading of OS (Pa500_os_v119) was successful.

Next step should be to insert a sd-card with unzipped musical resources (Pa500_res_v119.bkp) on it. Its file size is small (5,975 MB).

This musical resources should not be loaded with Intro1 or Intro3, but with utilities of that installed OS. Go to Media > Utility > Full Restore Resources and press Execute.
You will find the file Pa500_res_v119.bkp - select it and press Restore. Pa500 will load its musical resources - if that is done successful nothing more is to do.

In case musical resources can not be loaded with Media - maybe something seems to be wrong with memory of Pa500 and would be necessary to load a Factory Reset (I never did it, because never was necessary, but I did that with NAND format as often described in that forum).

If you unzip Factory Reset to a sd-card, its size is 41,376 MB. Its name is also Pa500ALL.pkg, but if you want to load it, do NOT START IT WITH INTRO1 pressed, but pressed with INTRO3 TO START IT.

Now you should not get a message like "There is not enough space" but you should get an "SSD format ..." message and then you should press MEDIA. Now you should be patient and wait a long time until SSD memory is formatted completely.

Rest is described in my posting (Factory Reset).

K W Austin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks for your help! I am praying that this will work.
K W Austin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K W Austin wrote:
Many many thanks for your help! I am praying that this will work.

Yay! Thanks to you and the Good Lord my PA500 is back in business. Your instructions worked perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: