Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I would like Korg more if they updated Kronos OS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janrhansen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
janrhansen wrote:

That is why I don't get Korg isn't interested in developing more for the Kronos when they have such dedicated well known users as eg. Jordan Rudess that still after over 2 decades still use the same Korg hardware as his main setup. I know he is propably also getting payed for it, but anyway.

I can promise you he doesn't get paid. No artist has ever been paid by Korg. Free gear, and/or tour support? A few top people get that, but no one really pays keyboard players to use their gear. I know Korg doesn't for certain, I really doubt any other major company does. And I was in the business for almost 35 years...

Regards,

Jerry

By "getting payed" I ment exactly that .. free gear / tour support. Many top players are getting endorsed by various companies for using their gear. There are some out there that clearly states they arent getting endorsed by any companies, but if they want it I can asure you most of those top pro's are getting more offers of free gear or other kind of support than they could ever use, if they want to promote it. But I also believe that many of those often have a special reason for sticking with certain brands for other reasons than freebees. i don't think there is actually money in it, but really many companies practice to have certain well known performers that already uses their gear sit in on development, test and sound design, and the most dedicated also gets gear at their disposal as long as they use it on stage.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promotion is VERY expensive.

Free gear is a Big deal. Oasys ? Kronos ? 3rd party samples ?

To have a major brand to support this is as good as getting paid.

I don't have all the details but have seen numerous spots where JR talks about Korg, demos it, etc etc.

This has been going on for +10 years.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

I don't have all the details but have seen numerous spots where JR talks about Korg, demos it, etc etc.

It could be JR actually really loves his Kronos. It works for him. Smile

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
GregC wrote:

Captain Obvious agrees with you Wink

He is living his musical dreams with his Kronos keyboard.

Did you vote ? I nag everybody.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Sure, I voted - for updates. But I tend to agree with jerrythek. This letter is not going to push the envelope - but I applaud your efforts.

Incidentally, I'd certainly be up for putting KARMA 3 (or some serious updates) into the Kronos (or a new product). But I think that ship has sailed. Wink

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
GregC wrote:

Sure, I voted - for updates. But I tend to agree with jerrythek. This letter is not going to push the envelope - but I applaud your efforts.

Incidentally, I'd certainly be up for putting KARMA 3 (or some serious updates) into the Kronos (or a new product). But I think that ship has sailed. Wink

I appreciate the sentiment. Lots of ships sailing around.

A communication challenge like Korg Inc gets me fired up.

If anyone who can accurately predict the future, I could use that advice on the stock market Wink

I would like to see you and Korg get together. every Kronos owner wants to see something happen.

I added Karma 3 to our "Top 50 Most wanted ".
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bertotti wrote:
I am still very with my Kronos X but I would love to see a hardware upgrade path. Components go obsolete and I would love to see a path to keep my Kronos going long term with updated hardware we could swap into our beloved Kronos box.

make sn effort to participate

this is in our "Top 50 " topic:

10] guarantied supply of existing motherboard to cover potential failure over next 10 years

after you review out list, include what you want from Korg

If you are asking for my sn(serial number) it isn't going to happen and #10 is not what I suggested. What I meant was to keep the hardware up to date. Current mother board ram ssd cpu, a path to keep it current so moving forward we could keep our boards and as tech advances and the current electronics in our boards becomes obsolete we have the security to know they insides will be updated as needed. I'll pay for that. I am not asking for it for free. Other than that I'm out again. Maybe be back in a few moths or a year.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bertotti wrote:
I am still very with my Kronos X but I would love to see a hardware upgrade path. Components go obsolete and I would love to see a path to keep my Kronos going long term with updated hardware we could swap into our beloved Kronos box.

10] guarantied supply of existing motherboard to cover potential failure over next 10 years

If you are asking for my sn(serial number) it isn't going to happen and #10 is not what I suggested. What I meant was to keep the hardware up to date. Current motherboard, ram, ssd, cpu, a path to keep it current so moving forward we could keep our boards and as tech advances and the current electronics in our boards becomes obsolete we have the security to know they insides will be updated as needed. I'll pay for that. I am not asking for it for free. Not a supply of old tech, that will be nice if they do nothing else but Ideally keep a path to update the hardware as I stated earlier.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
GregC wrote:
[quote="B

If you are asking for my sn(serial number) it isn't going to happen and #10 is not what I suggested.

' sn ' is a typo.

so sorry. the correct word is. ' an '.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

Oh, man, that would be amazing!! KARMA was definitely part of what got me to the “buy” button with Kronos.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

Oh, man, that would be amazing!! KARMA was definitely part of what got me to the “buy” button with Kronos.

its part of the "top 50":

16] Karma 3. Get it together with Stephen Kay.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh yes, I see and of course you're right. There are very few artists that get this type of support (at least from Korg)... it's a win/win for both involved.

Jerry

janrhansen wrote:
jerrythek wrote:
janrhansen wrote:

That is why I don't get Korg isn't interested in developing more for the Kronos when they have such dedicated well known users as eg. Jordan Rudess that still after over 2 decades still use the same Korg hardware as his main setup. I know he is propably also getting payed for it, but anyway.

I can promise you he doesn't get paid. No artist has ever been paid by Korg. Free gear, and/or tour support? A few top people get that, but no one really pays keyboard players to use their gear. I know Korg doesn't for certain, I really doubt any other major company does. And I was in the business for almost 35 years...

Regards,

Jerry

By "getting payed" I ment exactly that .. free gear / tour support. Many top players are getting endorsed by various companies for using their gear. There are some out there that clearly states they arent getting endorsed by any companies, but if they want it I can asure you most of those top pro's are getting more offers of free gear or other kind of support than they could ever use, if they want to promote it. But I also believe that many of those often have a special reason for sticking with certain brands for other reasons than freebees. i don't think there is actually money in it, but really many companies practice to have certain well known performers that already uses their gear sit in on development, test and sound design, and the most dedicated also gets gear at their disposal as long as they use it on stage.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course... think about two very high-level artists who use the Kronos (did use the Oasys). I brought Herbie into the Korg fold during my years there. Herbie can get, and does get offers to use gear from every company on the planet. The fact that he sticks with the Kronos is because it works well for him. He loves the sounds and functions of it. Yes, he gets supported well, but that's not enough of a reason.

Jordan has been with Korg for a long time (remember, he worked there as a product demonstrator). And he too gets offers for every piece of musical gear/software made. He worked for a number of years at Kurzweil as well, and relied on their gear for a long time. But he chose what he felt worked the best for him on stage. And the Kronos still does that for him. No amount of support or money would convince him to use anything that was less than the best for him.

Not every artist is in their positions...and in the difficult last few decades of touring (not to mention our current situation), getting tour support could mean enough for many musicians to let that be a factor in what they use. And I wouldn't blame them a bit. But when artists of Herbie and Jordan's stature use the Kronos, you can be sure it is earning it's keep.

Jerry

StephenKay wrote:
GregC wrote:

kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO The extreme protection of the central core of the internal operating system of the Kronos is not fair : We all could and should have the possibility to make a "ready to go" back up of this central core in the case where something wrong happens

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
IMHO The extreme protection of the central core of the internal operating system of the Kronos is not fair : We all could and should have the possibility to make a "ready to go" back up of this central core in the case where something wrong happens

that makes good sense.

Guess there is IP involved and the lawyers didn't want to see it all over the Internet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: