Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low Battery Notification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nissa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Low Battery Notification Reply with quote

Ive been getting a "low battery" popup on start-up and seem to have found a few threads talking about the internal memories battery needing to be replaced. I have only had the trinity v3 for a few weeks so im not sure why its already low.

1) Is it possible its an error and the battery is fine, and if so how do i check?
2) where do you recommend i go to get it fixed, or should i attempt it myself?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battery is a soldered part, so will require some technical expertise to replace it, so might be best for a technician to perform.

The current drain from the battery is extremely low so battery life can be measured in years of normal use. It provides a tiny current to maintain some of the data that the Trinity uses.

nissa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The battery is a soldered part, so will require some technical expertise to replace it, so might be best for a technician to perform.

The current drain from the battery is extremely low so battery life can be measured in years of normal use. It provides a tiny current to maintain some of the data that the Trinity uses.

Gotcha, do you think it has a while till it really needs to be replaced (i dont mind if it goes out and memory is gone completely i can reupload sounds within like 10 min max). Also is it detrimental for it to be completely fried and still using the board?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nissa wrote:
voip wrote:

Gotcha, do you think it has a while till it really needs to be replaced (i dont mind if it goes out and memory is gone completely i can reupload sounds within like 10 min max). Also is it detrimental for it to be completely fried and still using the board?

It is recommended to replace the battery when it gets low. Some batteries have a tendency to leak and if the stuff in the battery gets onto the main board, it can cause a lot of problems.

I am not sure if the battery in the Trinity is soldered with two leads or three. Other Korg products that I have or have had, have had three leads. They can be more tricky to replace than the simply two lead battery connections.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
nissa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
nissa wrote:
voip wrote:

It is recommended to replace the battery when it gets low. Some batteries have a tendency to leak and if the stuff in the battery gets onto the main board, it can cause a lot of problems.

I am not sure if the battery in the Trinity is soldered with two leads or three. Other Korg products that I have or have had, have had three leads. They can be more tricky to replace than the simply two lead battery connections.

Grace,
Harry

Makes sense. Do you recommend i order the battery and then bring it to the tech? I found this is this the right battery? https://syntaur.com/Items.php?Item=5105
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nissa wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
nissa wrote:
voip wrote:

Grace,
Harry

Makes sense. Do you recommend i order the battery and then bring it to the tech? I found this is this the right battery? https://syntaur.com/Items.php?Item=5105

I suppose that would be a good idea. I would, before doing so, try to find a battery holder that would be compatible with the three-lead stamping that is attached to the battery you are looking at from Syntaur. There may be a version of battery holder that could be installed instead of another battery that would require soldering in place. That way, replacing the battery in the future would potentially be easier.

It is too bad that there is not an easier way to replace that battery. It would be neat to be able to relocate the battery and simply solder some wires where the battery normally goes and put the battery/battery holder somewhere else in the case where it would be easier to get to in the future.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
nissa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
nissa wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
nissa wrote:
voip wrote:

Grace,
Harry

I suppose that would be a good idea. I would, before doing so, try to find a battery holder that would be compatible with the three-lead stamping that is attached to the battery you are looking at from Syntaur. There may be a version of battery holder that could be installed instead of another battery that would require soldering in place. That way, replacing the battery in the future would potentially be easier.

It is too bad that there is not an easier way to replace that battery. It would be neat to be able to relocate the battery and simply solder some wires where the battery normally goes and put the battery/battery holder somewhere else in the case where it would be easier to get to in the future.

Grace,
Harry

Im not going to lie to you Harry im not well versed in the electrical stuff at all so im not sure i even know how to go about finding that alternate version thats compatible. Im probably going to just go with the original battery and continue changing it for the rest of the trinity's life. Thanks again for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: