Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 MIDI USB Configuration With macOS Catalina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i3 (new - 2020 model)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balzega

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: i3 MIDI USB Configuration With macOS Catalina Reply with quote

I seem to be finding it hard to find a good reference on how to get my i3 keyboard connected to my iMac running OS Catalina (10.15.5). Korg support doesn't show a driver supported for Catalina yet and they recommend "using the Apple standard driver." I'm not sure if that is already on the Mac or if that's something to download still. Anyone have any experience with this combination that could fill me in or point me somewhere? Appreciate it. Thanks!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: i3 MIDI USB Configuration With macOS Catalina Reply with quote

balzega wrote:
I seem to be finding it hard to find a good reference on how to get my i3 keyboard connected to my iMac running OS Catalina (10.15.5). Korg support doesn't show a driver supported for Catalina yet and they recommend "using the Apple standard driver." I'm not sure if that is already on the Mac or if that's something to download still. Anyone have any experience with this combination that could fill me in or point me somewhere? Appreciate it. Thanks!

To my knowledge, the Mac OS already has the 'drivers' for USB MIDI. That could be why you mainly see drivers for Windows machines. I think that Macs run it natively.

What are you trying to do with the i3? Are you looking for DAW recording? Korg has a lot of apps and such that the i3 can interface with to allow for that type of work.

I would need more specifics as to your intentions for the use of the i3. It is a capable instrument on its own and has two USB ports on it; one can be used to store your songs and data to a flash drive.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
balzega

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a "KORG USB MIDI Driver for Mac" that is suppose to work with Mojave and other earlier 64 bit Mac OS versions but they specifically call out Catalina as not compatible and to use the Apple standard driver.

I'm hoping to use the keyboard to play midi instruments in my DAW (Cubase 10.5). It should work, it just needs a driver first.

I could use a separate USB to midi interface (that comes with a driver) but I was hoping not to purchase something further, when this unit should be able to interface through the USB to host port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i3 (new - 2020 model) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: