Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assigning an Expression pedal for Rotary Effects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirk83

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Assigning an Expression pedal for Rotary Effects Reply with quote

Hi, new to the forum- recently acquired my Kross 2 about a month ago, and I've run into a problem with assigning the expression pedal to control the rotary speed.

I've gone into the global media menu and assigned the pedal, but instead of controlling the speed, it acts as a volume pedal. I'm trying to bypass the mod wheel for speed control and just utilize the pedal instead. How would I go about this? I'm at a loss!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can not try it right now as my Kross is stowed away.

But in the global media menu, where you did the assignment for the pedal, you should also have an option like modwheel/CC#01.
I'm not sure how exactly it works. Either:
* it acts like a mod wheel
* it determines the effect of the modwheel, i.e. you roll up the modwheel once and then press the pedal as well (the mod wheel controls then the max effect that your pedal will have.)

Enjoy.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Assigning an Expression pedal for Rotary Effects Reply with quote

Kirk83 wrote:
Hi, new to the forum- recently acquired my Kross 2 about a month ago, and I've run into a problem with assigning the expression pedal to control the rotary speed.

I've gone into the global media menu and assigned the pedal, but instead of controlling the speed, it acts as a volume pedal. I'm trying to bypass the mod wheel for speed control and just utilize the pedal instead. How would I go about this? I'm at a loss!

I am not sure how the expression pedal would work for that. It may be an 'On/Off'type thing and may not be able to be adjusted. I could be wrong. I would try going into the individual program itself (or wherever you have it stored (Combi/Sequence Location) and try to set it in the Rotary Speaker effect in the IFX or MFX location (wherever it resides for the particular program). I am not sure you can select it from the Global Menu...

With all of my Kross keyboards packed up for a gig tomorrow evening, I cannot take one out to test (I have an expression pedal as well I used for volume on my Roland E-09 when I had it).

I recently assigned a foot switch to turn the Leslie effect 'On/Off' for my organ sounds for the band I play in. I set up my songs as sequence locations and for those songs that needed Leslie on the organ sounds, I set it to switch. That way, when I click the switch with my feet, it would turn on. If it does allow for the speed to be adjusted via an expression pedal, that would be kind of nice Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Assigning an Expression pedal for Rotary Effects Reply with quote

Kirk83 wrote:

I think that speed slow/fast are assigned to Pitch Wheel( JS+Y CC#01). Try to use the Switch pedal instead of Expression pedal, open global and set the Switch Pedal to CC#01 (JS+Y). Will can control the speed for all organ programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: