Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

64-bit KRONOS Editor and Plug-In Editor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poseidon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: 64-bit KRONOS Editor and Plug-In Editor Reply with quote

A long overdue update to KRONOS Editor has arrived.
Thank you Korg.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/424/4580/
danx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac only....
Purusha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news! I find it impossible to edit on the Kronos screen, due to failing eye-sight.
narkosys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danx wrote:
Mac only....

Windows just updated again so I would not be surprised if Korg is doing a bit more testing before putting it out in the wild.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Microsoft is not in the hurry to help Korg for its drivers and, IMHO, there is a certain form of malice in the fact that Microsoft, with this update v2004 of windows 10, would like that the owners of aN "old" PC buy a new PC and more precisely their computers Surface.

it's not getting better all the times

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
LexCan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have this working properly as a AU in Logic Pro X (10.5.1)?

Last edited by LexCan on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it is pure Korg impertinence, that up until today there still is no 64bit editor version for Windows 10 available.

And the fact, that they provide one for the Mac now, but none for Windows, makes me even more angry about that blatant, years long failure on Korg's side.
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have downloaded and installed the latest 64 bit editor but its not appearing as a plug in in Ableton Live 10. I am on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. I have not uninstalled the old korg midi driver as assumed that may only be necessary if on Catalina?

thanks for any help!
Steve
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
IAA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ran the standalone plug in first?
zion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why no AAX plugin for Pro Tools? Does anybody know of a work around that can get this to work with Pro Tools?
Pro Tools Ultimate & Vanilla 2020.5 | Studio One 4.6.1 Pro | Apollo X8 | 2020 MacBook Pro i7 2.3GHZ | 16GB Ram | 512GB SSD | Catalina 10.15.4 | Korg Kronos LS 88 | 2nd Kronos SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB
bobmusic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Bender wrote:
I have downloaded and installed the latest 64 bit editor but its not appearing as a plug in in Ableton Live 10. I am on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

I am away from my Kronos and can't test the AU-Plugin in Logic at the moment, but if you have problems finding the AU, this is from the Read Me:

Quote:
Plug-in Support
The Kronos Editor includes VST and AU plug-ins. To configure these plug-ins for use, the application must be run at least once.

Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
zion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregard my previous post I found a way to get it to work with Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5.
Pro Tools Ultimate & Vanilla 2020.5 | Studio One 4.6.1 Pro | Apollo X8 | 2020 MacBook Pro i7 2.3GHZ | 16GB Ram | 512GB SSD | Catalina 10.15.4 | Korg Kronos LS 88 | 2nd Kronos SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all I will try running the editor in standalone mode fully. I did open it but have not done a full sync so maybe that will do the trick
Thanks
Steve
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
Xenophile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Que Reply with quote

I installed the editor on my Mac Book Pro yesterday, and just did a sync and save. Didn't have time to play with it further.

I had played with the Windows editor a little bit when i first got my Kronos a couple of years ago, and my impression was that it was "klunky" and not really different from programming on the Kronos itself, so I never played with it again.

But I see that this new 64-bit editor is a limited version of Midi Quest, with an option to purchase an upgrade to full version. Was the old editor based on MidiQuest? Or is this something new? I am guessing that Korg outsourced the development of the editor to MidiQuest.

I am pretty excited to see how well the AU plugin works in Logic and Mainstage.
LexCan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the editor has always been a sub-set of the full MidiQuest software. Nice that they offer a discount to Kronos owners who want to step up to the full package.

Please let us know if you get the latest version working as an AU in Logic. My first attempts have been unsuccessful.

I've followed the instructions, run the editor as standalone, saved a separate "AU Set" to speed things up etc but I still am not getting signal out of the Kronos.

I've trouble-shot (?) everything. I know MIDI control is getting from Logic to Kronos as I can run Kronos via an external MIDI track, and I see MIDI data getting into the AU plugin. But......no audio. I'm probably missing something simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: