Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PaManager 4.0 came out today!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject: PaManager 4.0 came out today! Reply with quote

Spent some time on this today -
Improvements:
1. Copy selective styles like in arranger by holding shift key.
2. Sounds and pads can be copied and sent to new set along with the styles. It didn’t copy pads before. You had to transfer them later.
3. Recognizes 12 favorite and 3 user bank. Like from PA3x/pa900. Will not allow to load into a pa1000 set with 12 users/direct banks.

See any other improvements?
“you’ve got to live a little”

https://youtu.be/ssB8tYIXTIk
moebrand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keyman,

Quote:
Will not allow to load into a pa1000 set with 12 users/direct banks.

Does that mean it won't make a set for Pa1000?
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:
Hi Keyman,

Quote:
Will not allow to load into a pa1000 set with 12 users/direct banks.

Does that mean it won't make a set for Pa1000?

Yes it will. But remember there are 15 banks (12 favorite, 3 user) in pa3x/pa900 think pa4x? So you can load the 12 banks from these arrangers, then the 3 users load in empty pages, if any, or create another set. The program update now lets you know this.
moebrand

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the new version import and copy all user sounds and pads from one set to a new set automatically or you have to do them separately ?
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Studio One 6 Artist
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:
Does the new version import and copy all user sounds and pads from one set to a new set automatically or you have to do them separately ?

Yes there is an option to do this. But by default it is off.
I just completed putting all the bonusware 1-40 on one set I created. It just fit with a couple spaces left.
This video explains:
https://youtu.be/rTv1ck6TWns
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we can get some users of this. Nice to share ideas and what projects we are creating with PaManager.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....so still no Mac option!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: Pa-Manager Reply with quote

Hello,
for me Pa-Keyboards have all the tools on board to manage their data accordingly. If you are ready to accept and use the idiosyncrasies of the tools as they are designed, you will learn that the Pa-manager is not easier to use, but that you only have to think better about the individual steps organizing data with the built-in tools.

In order to be able to manage the data conveniently on the PC, I would accept the Korg company to provide free software as customer service, but I would never purchase third-party software that only adapts the data of different model versions and shifts them into a desired order, without containing other complex or intelligent helpful processing steps.

The Pa-Manager appears to be somewhat user-friendly, but the price is extremely high in relation to what you can do with it additionally. It also has the disadvantage that it only works on one machine and, moreover, only during an upright Internet connection, so that the KPM cannot be used offline - I think that is dubious.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
If you are ready to accept and use the idiosyncrasies of the tools as they are designed, you will learn that the Pa-manager is not easier to use, but that you only have to think better about the individual steps organizing data with the built-in tools.

I agree and have to add that, so far, I have not encountered anything I CANNOT do on board.
PAManager does now seem to be well designed but I have not found a personal reason to buy it.
These are purely personal comments as it seems some owners enjoy having it.
siebenhirter wrote:
...it only works on one machine and, moreover, only during an upright Internet connection, so that the KPM cannot be used offline

I didn't know that!!!
That makes it useless to me as I would not want to be limited to constant internet access in (and away from) my music room.
So, if I am performing, and need to use it - I can't - is that correct?????

To be honest - if this was a Korg product, then I would possible consider it more. What bothers me is that if Korg come up with OS 3.1.1 (or any update) does PAManager get the same level of re-testing. As this product changes Korg proprietary file contents, it makes me very nervous and I would be very concerned any time I encountered a problem on my PA4X. I do have a powerful WINDOWS PC which I could use for this but I'm too nervous, aside from the cost and its limitations. Many problems have been encountered from 3rd party products and as soon as you load files created from any 3rd party software, then the risk is there.

If Korg took over this software, I would be more likely to try it out.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used ‘team viewer‘ on iPad to do PaManager set organization connect to my pc. All from the comfort of my recliner. A priceless investment...

I think it is good alternative to consider upgrading to newer keyboard arranger.
...Converts styles...Convert bonusware to one set...Korg PA3x preload, 12 favorite on one set...3 users on another set...it may be possible to fill in the empty spots, then 1 set with 12 users?
My old PA3x user favorites did same.
Installed sets on SD of PA1000, ready to use if needed. I keep my direct set open where I audition and place in users set...factory empty areas...
Will never look back or have regrets...
...next project...save reports off of PaManager in Html. Install in excel workbook with sheets on specific sets...set list(s) all one place...
moebrand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it show the duplicates on a set ?
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Studio One 6 Artist
Keymn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:
Does it show the duplicates on a set ?

No, something I would to see with Korg arranger and paManager. Similar to when you save a duplicate file on pc, give you option to overwrite or duplicate...
You can put the file lists in a excel spreadsheet if you wish to look for duplicates. I think I sent this video I created In another thread..paManager let’s you make a list in text. Not sure if you can directly do this from the keyboard without PaManager? PaManger 4.0 did add the search function like on Keyboard, never tried it yet

https://youtu.be/9VeAtDO45aM

Keymn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To sum up...this is a useful program for me...but again You can do many of the functions on arranger...just like new stuff...been watching many tutorials on ms excel...so much can be done with lists from our arrangers...
Therapy!
Keymn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
If you are ready to accept and use the idiosyncrasies of the tools as they are designed, you will learn that the Pa-manager is not easier to use, but that you only have to think better about the individual steps organizing data with the built-in tools.

I agree and have to add that, so far, I have not encountered anything I CANNOT do on board.
PAManager does now seem to be well designed but I have not found a personal reason to buy it.
These are purely personal comments as it seems some owners enjoy having it.
siebenhirter wrote:
...it only works on one machine and, moreover, only during an upright Internet connection, so that the KPM cannot be used offline

I didn't know that!!!
That makes it useless to me as I would not want to be limited to constant internet access in (and away from) my music room.
So, if I am performing, and need to use it - I can't - is that correct?????

To be honest - if this was a Korg product, then I would possible consider it more. What bothers me is that if Korg come up with OS 3.1.1 (or any update) does PAManager get the same level of re-testing. As this product changes Korg proprietary file contents, it makes me very nervous and I would be very concerned any time I encountered a problem on my PA4X. I do have a powerful WINDOWS PC which I could use for this but I'm too nervous, aside from the cost and its limitations. Many problems have been encountered from 3rd party products and as soon as you load files created from any 3rd party software, then the risk is there.

If Korg took over this software, I would be more likely to try it out.

Pete Very Happy

I wouldn’t think Korg would make a product like this. It would slow down sales of future arrangers. This allows you to convert Pa4x styles, sounds, pads to older models. Presently, I wouldn’t think of spending thousands on a new hardware synth. There still is a long way to replace, but it will happen soon in my view.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Managing data in Pa-Keyboards Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
.. I wouldn’t think Korg would make a product like this. It would slow down sales of future arrangers. This allows you to convert Pa4x styles, sounds, pads to older models. Presently, I wouldn’t think of spending thousands on a new hardware synth. There still is a long way to replace, but it will happen soon in my view.

The argument of slow-down sales is not justified but is unfounded. Korg itself has implemented the on-board conversion of every Pa keyboard into the OS in order to make the conversion easier for the customers.

It is to assume that the on-board conversion of every Pa keyboard is much more reliable than with graphic-oriented 3rd-part-software on a PC with the later unreliable necessary transfer from a Windows OS to the Linux OS of the Pa keyboard.

That seems to be why there is no PC software from Korg. But Korg is not interested in hindering its customers to convert styles of different models - the best proof of this are the on-board tools of the OS from Pa keyboards.

One never tried to load data from other instruments with onboard-tools should study "managing files on disk" of his Pa-keyboards manual. There a table shows what you can load from other instruments and that are most data from Pa-Series instruments that will be converted with a few exceptions to be considered. And this is even more important to consider with external software, to prevent data errors or OS-crash.

PS: It not only makes suspicious if the KPM requires an internet connection during operation, which means that it cannot be used offline, but also it is dubious that it only seems to work when Antivir is deactivated - means a PC is unprotected against viruses while operating.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: