Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holding shift While adjusting wave shape question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cornguy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Holding shift While adjusting wave shape question Reply with quote

Hi, just joined the world of synthesizers and I'm loving it. Been slowely figuring things out, today, what I am curious about, is what exactly holding shift down while adjusting the 3rd oscillator will do. I don't think it's meant to do anything for osc 1 and 2, but If I believe the instructions said you can use it to further change the shape of the wave. But when i do it, nothing seems to happen. Is this a user error or could maybe something else be wrong? thanks Smile
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For each user oscillator of the 16 allowed it can be anything - you have to look at specs for those. Those are coded individually. Some don't use that at all. Some does not make a beep even without some action in menus.

For VPM type I think manual says some things what it does, with shift modulator ratio where without shift it does modulator depth.

But overall it's only for multi engine(osc 3).

But recall as you said, on osc 1 and 2 shift shape does nothing - to my surprise. Maybe a firmware update will introduce something there, one never knows.
cornguy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks Smile so its only for the user added oscillators and not for the ones included such as sin1 etc?
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's for VPM as well, the ratio I mentioned, that is in manual.
cornguy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i think I get it now, thanks Smile
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 2.10 -
Shift is used for:
Shift-Tuning - When the prologue's sound generator is not making any sound, auto-tuning occurs au-tomatically; but you can use this function to retune the prologue manually in Play mode if the tuning seems to be drifting. The internal temperature tends to changes more right after the power is turned on, which may cause the instrument to go out of tune. Press the EXIT button while holding down the SHIFT button again to cancel manual tuning, if you accidentally started it by mis-take.

Shift-Pitch (VCO's only) - set pitch in semitones.

Shift-Effect select - OFF/ON/SELECT switch (MOD EFFECT), Pushing this switch to SELECT allows you to set the effect's sub-type.

LFO waveform phase settings - INT knob (LFO) - This allows you to invert the phase of the LFO waveform.

MULTI ENGINE parameter settings - SHAPE knob - (MULTI ENGINE) - Adjusts the modulator ratio when setting the VPM with the MULTI ENGINE's NOISE/ VPM/USR switch. Or defined by User Oscillator when USR is selected.
cornguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: