Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator pro 16 bar mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woody1142

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Kaossilator pro 16 bar mode Reply with quote

There is a previous year's old thread relating to extending the loop record to 16 bars and I'm having trouble getting it to work (it wouldn't let me reply to the topic so I thought I'd just start a fresh).

These are the instructions provided and others seem to suggest it worked, at least as far back as 2012:

"TURN ON, kaossiator while hold down TAP/BMP and LOOP REC/PLAY buttons and "DLY" appears on display.
Release both buttons ,KAOSSILATOR initialize.
Then press again TAP/BMP and LOOP REC/PLAY , rotate clockwise PROGRAM/VALUE and you can set up to "16".
Then record anything.
To erase recording press both LOOP REC/PLAY and SCALE , and "ErA" appear on display, so while pressing both buttons ,rotate PROGRAM/VALUE clockwise and "Clr" appears on display, release both buttons and memory is free now."

The problem is, that rather than taking me to a screen that shows" DLY" it just displays the current firmware reference. Anyone using this trick that could provide some assistance or is anyone getting the same issue?

Thanks for your help,
Woody.
Disqantique

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: 16 bars Reply with quote

Hi Woody, I think that shortcut to 16 bars you describe is for the Kaossilator, not for the Kaossilator Pro. The kaossilator pro has the option for 16 bars (shift + loop bank and turn bpm) as long as the bpm is over 108.5 (I believe... I always put it to 109).

In another thread (On the forum) I read about a trick to make it seem like having 16 bars (while having 8 bars... so when bpm is <109) by changing the bpm to half speed and likewise adjusting the gate speed... Don’t remember the details but you’ll be able to find the thread or figure it out by preying around I guess.

I’m new to the kp+ so forgive when when I’m wrong and please share any new findings or issues, it serves us all to have the forum alive, as most threads are from over a decade ago... let’s see if at Korg they realize a new wave of Kaossilator Pro enthusiasts are out there they will attend to upgrading the firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: