Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Havian 30' sustain "wheezing"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Korg Havian 30' sustain "wheezing" Reply with quote

Hi!
I have a digital piano "Korg Havian 30".

Everything was nice, but a strange sound (i call it "wheezing") has recently appeared when I press the sustain pedal.

The piano only sounds like this when I play 7 tones:
Grand Piano RX1,
Grand Piano RX2,
Grand Piano RX3,
Upright Piano RX,
Bright Piano RX,
Classic Piano,
Jazz Piano.

These tones sound with this "wheezing" ONLY WHEN I PRESS THE PEDAL (clear sound without pedal is well).

I use original Korg pedal (there is nothing wrong with it, because when i use another pedal it also soungs bad on this tones).

Other (not from acoustic-piano-category) tones sound good, without this strange "wheezing".

I took my digital piano to service center and serviceman said that there is some problem with software (here stands 1 version of software) of this piano.
So he updated piano with new software (2.0.) from official Korg-website.
But this update didnt help to solve the problem with "wheezing".

I hope you will help me to enjoy my piano without "wheezing" as soon as you can:)
Thank you!

Yours respectfully,
sia
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
sorry for the delay in replying to you but I think the wheezing is added deliberately. I copied and pasted this paragraph to explain.

Damper Resonance recreates the sound of strings vibrating sympathetically when the sustain pedal is used to lift the 'felts from the strings'. The KEY OFF Sample is responsible for the rather unique sound created when the felt falls back on to the string ending its vibrations.

I believe this has been added to recreate the sounds from a real piano. There may be some way of removing it by going deeper into the keyboard menus.
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: