Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVESTATE and KRONOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afr

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: WAVESTATE and KRONOS Reply with quote

After 2 weeks of use I can say that wavestate is an amazing and very inspiring Synth

The only thing that I don't like is the keyboard action but I decided to control the WS with the Kronos and this the perfect solution.

This is a song that I created by using Kronos and wavestate, all the MIDI has been recorded into Kronos sequencer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T893w5Lx4Us

What I hope talking about the next workstation, is that Korg will decide to include the ws sound engine

Personally I would gladly give up karma just to have the wavesequence available
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos already has wave sequencing capability so is able to produce sounds similar to those found in the original Wavestations. It's not counted as a separate engine, but rather used as an alternative to multisamples for HD-1 programs. The wave sequences are edited in Global mode. The Wavestate does indeed take wave sequencing to another level, and having Wavestate-like functionality would be an extremely nice enhacement to the Kronos' existing capabilities.
drmusic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Liked your song very much!! I use korg kronos 2 and korg prologue toghether, but was thinking about buying the wavestate, I can´t imagine how these three machines will sound !!!!

Korg Kronos, Korg Prologue, Pa 700
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I like about the Wavestate is it is very hands-on and easy to use. Even if a little menu-ey, it takes a fraction of the time to build an interesting wave sequence on the Wavestate.
I've pretty much given up programming on the Kronos because it is so tedious and time consuming, my band won't wait around for me to deal with that and I just end up using it as an expensive MIDI controller for Mainstage and Ableton.

Another thing is the database andpand theathe generalwgeneral everything is stored in a performance, you don't need to worry about patch references, or even patch numbers.
Conversely I've basically run out of banks on the Kronos.

I really hope this is indicative of a future direction for Korg. The Wavestate is just much more modern and usable.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting to see if Korg would bring the Wavestate out as a desktop module, VST or a Kronos EXi, as I am not enamoured with the format (three octave keyboard with no after touch), but I am going to pull the trigger on one now, but will most likely drive it via other keyboards most of the time, like my Kronos or Montage.

The Wavestate does sound amazing, and if they bring out a better format later, I can always swap, Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won’t be sorry, it’s an amazing synth. Super friendly and jam packed with probably the best factory presets of any keyboard I’ve ever owned. Programming it is also a joy. The 3 octaves don’t really bother me too much as there are times when I actually love the portability that gives me, and when needed I can use a Native Instruments S61 midi controller I have floating around.

The only thing on my wish list, I’d love to be able to load in some of my own samples for wave sequencing. I think vocal samples would be really interesting.

Maybe even if it were possible, I'd also consider buying some expansions PCM data.

Regards
Sharp.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definitely not sorry. Smile

PMT were selling the Wavestate for £499 and with a 10% Black Friday discount, I purchased it for £449 on Thursday evening and it turned up yesterday.

Absolute bargain at that price for the sounds it makes. I have it now set up with my rig so I can play it from other boards, and it sounds amazing.

The three octave format is a little cramped for left hand and right hand, but better than I thought and I noticed a trick where you can shift octaves on the keyboard whilst holding down keys (and they stay as you play them).

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, congratulations. You got a really good deal there for sure.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: