Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unusable harsh samples, I can't use this - my mistake was

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Unusable harsh samples, I can't use this - my mistake was Reply with quote

I went through and marked up all multisamples that were usable as is to load and play as single multisample. Like you might want just playable piano or strings in one layer, and have others do bubbling things etc.

And discarded one after another feeling this sounds so harsh, I can't use this for recording.

So first i thought, well phones out on units usually have cheap electronics so placed WS in it's regular spot and assigned line outs to a mackie mixer I usually use for preview anything.

But it still sounded harsh. So before selling off this as unusable I went further to investigate.

This is what I did previewing single multisamples:
- selected a single layer to use as preview and disabled the others
- I loaded a single multisample, not wavesequence anything
- opened up filter to not cut out anything, or any envelopes etc
- I wanted the raw sound as they come
- then went into multisample list and activated one by one
- just turning value knob in list, not enter on each

So went through the lot there from a printed list of what is there and marked them and rated a bit.

What I missed was - to go to performance program page and set octave=0. It said +1 so all I listened to were pitched up an octave - there by the horrible artifacts I heard. Ready to dismiss Wavestate completely. So the program in the layer I started from just happend to do +1 octave transpose.

I also stumbled upon a program that did +19 halftones transpose on certain steps in pitch lane in a sequence. Also horrible sounding.

I'm still a bit confused over transpose thingy in sample lane - if doing in pitch lane you can use map, but as I understand manual it always pitch the specific sample, not looking in map.

But pitch lane can look in map, as described in manual.

I have cheap samplers too, good but sampleset not the best. And in one octave they sound alright, but going up in another octave unusable.

Anyway just wanted to share if anybody feel this is not sounding good, one thing to look for at least....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: