Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Range control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willy8880

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Range control Reply with quote

Newby question. Want same sound on upper range and lower range of keyboard. Having trouble getting the lower section of the keyboard to express the upper keyboard sound.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify. Are you wanting to be able to play the same timbre(s) across the full range of the keyboard, but can't because there is a "split" set up, or are you wanting to transpose part of the keyboard, so the same notes are played by keys in the lower and upper half of the keyboard? Also, is this for a Program or a Combi?
willy8880

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your last choice. I want eg. brass from c4 to e6 to be from the third octave and brass from c2 to b3 to also be from the third octave.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a new Combi (e.g. use an Init Combi) and on the Play page (P0) add the desired brass Timbres to the #1 and #2 timbre slots. Select Timbre 1 and, from the top right drop down menu, select Copy from Program, in order to copy the effects from Timbre #1 to the Combi, so that they sound the same as the original Program.

In Combi page P3, MIDI 1-8 tab, Set the MIDI channel on both Timbre slots to 01G.

In Combi page P4, Key Z 1-8 tab, set the Top Key and Bottom Key values for each Timbre to define the key zones that each of the timbres will respond to. E.g. for the example values you gave, set B-3 Top Key and C-2 Bottom Key for one Timbre, and E-6 Top Key and C-5 Bottom Key for the other.

Back to Combi page P3, Pitch 1-8 tab, set the Tranpose values of one Timbre until its pitch matches the other Timbre for the "equivalent" key. A value of +12 or -12 will transpose up or down by one octave, 24 for two octaves, and so on. Or transpose one Timbre up and the other down, until they "meet" where you want them to, pitch-wise.

If happy with the result, write the Combi (top right dropdown menu) to save it. In the Write Combination dialogue box, tap on the "T" icon to edit the name of the Combi before saving.

willy8880

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoIP you’re a genius. I’ve been through the docs and this step by step method iLife’s me. Thank you so much. I’m sure I’m going to embarrass my self a few more times. Thanks again
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it helped. The info is of course in the Owner's Manual and Parameter Guide, but the relevant bits to solving this are scattered about. I've had the M50 a good few years now, and the initial fog of complexity has partly cleared over time. It remains an excellent board to play and get much enjoyment from. If you ever consider adding to your arsenal, the Krome is almost identical in many respects to the M50, as is the M3. The Kronos has many similarities, too, so the learning curves would already be covered to an extent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: