Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX-1 smart media Card Fmt Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSoftSpots

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: EMX-1 smart media Card Fmt Error Reply with quote

I just recently purchased a used 128MB smartmedia card for my Korg EMX-1. I followed the exact steps in the user manual to format the card several times, and everytime the screen displayed Format Error message.

can anyone please offer any throubleshooting advice? I have completely run out of pattern storage and bought this card to offer more memory to my machine. Thumbs Up
CleverConQueso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever get this sorted? I wonder if the card's to big. Can you format it to a different size in Windows?
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty rough Sad SmartMedia cards are extremely sensitive to static discharges on those exposed gold contacts, and I'm sure being so thin doesn't help them. I've heard of ways to revive them, but you should always be extremely careful when you're handling them and have a safe spot to store them. It could be fried, but don't give up hope. I don't have the info how to resurrect it, but try searching online.

I'd suggest getting a USB-to-SmartMedia card reader and trying to reformat on your computer, then the EMX if that works.

128 MB is fine for the X-tribes. That's what I use.

You probably know this already, but data doesn't "Stream" off the card so it won't give you additional slots, but you can free them up by backing it up to the card.

Good luck! If you need to get more SM cards, look for old Olympus digital cameras, they usually come with spare cards and the camera itself is basically unsellable, so CHEAP and can usually be used as a card reader itself.
Cheloxx

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: EMX-1 smart media Card Fmt Error Reply with quote

TheSoftSpots wrote:
I just recently purchased a used 128MB smartmedia card for my Korg EMX-1. I followed the exact steps in the user manual to format the card several times, and everytime the screen displayed Format Error message.

can anyone please offer any throubleshooting advice? I have completely run out of pattern storage and bought this card to offer more memory to my machine. Thumbs Up

Did you solve the problem? I think i have the same issue.
here ˇs a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5wSayQ_kM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: